21st February 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA English?

I have completed my M.A. with English as a subject, now I want to do PhD..but I don't know anything about it... Please give me some guidance. It will be helpful if you can guide me on this as soon as possible. Awaiting to get the response.

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  2. What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA English?
  3. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  4. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in English after completion of MA in English?
  6. How to apply for Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D course after completion of MA?
  8. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D after completion of MA in English?
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  10. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  11. What is the procedure to apply for PhD in English from KUK University? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  15. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  16. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  17. Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?
  18. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
22nd February 2017, 06:47 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my M.A. with English as a subject, now I want to do PhD..but I don't know anything about it... Please give me some guidance. It will be helpful if you can guide me on this as soon as possible. Awaiting to get the response.

For taking admission to pursue PhD in English, you have to apply either online or offline. The students who have completed Master’s Degree in English from any recognized university with at least 55% marks can apply to the course. For taking admission, the students have to sit for a PhD Entrance Test and Interview. Those students who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil shall be exempted from the written entrance test. The PhD in English is available in various universities in India. You can contact the university English department, you want to join for more details.
22nd February 2017, 10:07 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA English?

The basic eligibility criteria to pursue PhD in English in Indian universities is that a candidate should have done masters degree with at least 55% marks from a recognised University to become eligible for admission and for reserved category candidates 50% marks is the meaning of requirement according to UGC.
You have to qualify the entrance exam. If you have qualified exams like NET/SLET/JRF then you don't have to appear for any other entrance exam.
23rd February 2017, 12:54 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D is a 3 years degree programme and the candidates who are interested to pursue Ph.D course should have completed their master's degree with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. There is no age limit to pursue Ph.D, so you can go for it at any stage of your life. With his eligibility you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute itself. After qualifying the examination you will have to face an interview and hence, after that you will be eligible to pursue Ph.D.
23rd February 2017, 01:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Candidates with M.A English qualifications and with not less than 55% marks can apply to the PhD in English. One can apply through the application form available for the purpose of PhD admission. It will be available in online, you can download and apply or you have to get the application form from the university and fill up the same and apply. The admission to the PhD will be done through a PhD Entrance Test and Personal Interview conducted by the university. Candidates who have cleared NET or SET or M.Phil shall be exempted from the entrance test, but they have to appear for an interview. This is the common admission procedure followed in many universities for PhD in English.
23rd February 2017, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to make sure that, you have scored above 55% marks in MA English. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category. You need to apply on a prescribed format, when admission notification is out.

After applying, they will conducted entrance exam and interview for admission on the basis of merit. Hence, you must be very well prepared for these stages.
23rd February 2017, 11:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Ph.D after the completion of your MA course, you must have to appear in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
After successfully qualifying in the NET examination, you can take admission under the Ph.D course in different Colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?