27th September 2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?

Sir/Mam,

I am an architect by profession . I did b.arch in 1985., then master in construction mgmt in 1989,. recently did post graduate dip. in urban environmental mgmt.&law. i have an experience of 28 yrs of service. now i am keen to do phd by distance mode on architectural and urban planning aspects. pl. guide me from which university can i do phd on distance mode.

ar. a. k. mahajan, jammu

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do Ph.D in Architecture and Urban Planning
  2. What should be done to complete Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  3. How can i do Ph.D. in Architecture and Urban Planning field?
  4. Is it possible to get admission in B.Arch?
  5. Procedure to obtain Masters Degree in Town Planning from the institute of town planners, India through correspondence course?
  6. Which are the best colleges for me to join with a score of 90 marks in AIEEE?
  7. What is B.Planning? How to join B.Planning? Selection procedure and entrance exams?
  8. List of universities which offer PhD in Economics/Public Administration/Urban Planning/Politics/International Development/Statistics in Europe for postgraduate in Public Administration candidate? Total expenses to study PhD in Europe?
  9. Which are the good colleges offering B.Arch in Haryana and Delhi? My state rank is 375
  10. Eligibility to study PhD for an Architect who has completed B.Arch 30 years ago, Master's in Construction Management 27 years ago and PGD in Urban Planning 2 years ago?
  11. Good colleges in delhi NCR region for MTECH with GATE Score 418 in ECE?
  12. How to complete my further studies i.e M.Tech in US? I am a student of 4th year B.Tech planning
  13. Which college can I get after scoring 93% in boards and 81 in NATA?
  14. Which institute is best for GATE coaching in Bangalore? I have completed B.Tech
  15. Is B.Arch a good career option after 12th? Which college is the best for the course? How to prepare for NATA and AIEEE?
  16. Eligibility criteria to appear for Public Sector Unit Exams? How to apply for it?
  17. List of top B.Arch engineering colleges in India other than IIT and NIT -- [Most Discussed]
  18. List of universities which offer Master's Degree in Urban Planning with GIS in USA, Australia and Canada?
4th August 2017, 07:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?

In order to pursue PhD in Architecture and Urban Planning course, you are required to appear in an entrance examination that is conducted by "Institute of Post Graduate Studies and Research" Hyderabad. Yes, you may pursue this course from the above said college in a correspondence mode.

If you cannot appear in the entrance examination that is conducted by this college, you must have appeared in any of the PhD Entrance Examination. So that you will be exempted from appearing in entrance examination.

There are many colleges that offer this PhD in Architecture and Urban Planning course, but they offer in full time or regular mode. As you are willing to study in correspondence mode, I suggest you to make sure you successfully meet the required eligibility criteria before applying for the course to pursue.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?