View Poll Results: Do you support Reservations?

Yes 171 25.45%
No 501 74.55%
Voters: 672. You may not vote on this poll

15th January 2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Reservations should be there or not?

reservation by Indian government is made to help people of backward classes so that they can also live their life happily. But now a days old conditions are not same today a lower class people are not necessarily poor so my final conclusion is that the government should give reservation to those who are financially backward not caste based
17th January 2012, 03:39 PM
mittal swati
Member+

reservation should not be there if it is there it should be according to the person financial value not on the basis of cast.
2nd February 2012, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

why job reservations are not violation of the right to equality
4th February 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends,
According to me Reservations should be there so the so there is no injustice among backward class people.
4th February 2012, 03:57 PM
Yashika Sorathia

Hello Friends
According to me Reservations should be there so that the backward class people are not neglected and they do not feel that they are not provided with justice
14th February 2012, 05:52 AM
Unregistered

Yap,,i hve qut dtz is...if reservation is nw dhn wht is use of gatng more %....?
16th February 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

reseravations are useful or not ?
20th February 2012, 12:29 AM
odisha rocks!!!
Junior Member+

Reservations were given to create equality among various sections of society but now its purpose seems to have been forgotten. Due to reservations more cracks have appeared in our society and a greater gap has emerged between rich and poor.If reservations are allowed ,they should not be allowed merely on basis of religion and caste.Instead, government should take the initiative to identify the socially and economically backward individuals from all communities and castes and provide them with worthy reservations!!!
21st February 2012, 12:43 PM
odisha rocks!!!
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Reservations should be there or not?

The purpose of reservations was to create equality among various sections of society.But, the good intention behind giving reservations has been long forgotten. Reservations are now creating more inequality and hatred among different sections of our society.So,I strongly feel that the reservation system should be abolished.But, I also feel that the government should take steps to identify socially and economically backward people(belonging to any religion or caste) and provide them with better facilities...
22nd February 2012, 04:56 PM
satati

No reservations should not be there because it causes impartiality among the students. The students not having the reservation opportunity feel abandoned and they are full of anger and resentment and they loose faith on themselves. They also show less interest in studies due to these activities.
2nd March 2012, 08:22 AM
chsvskoteswararao

As "Every one is equal in front of law". There should be no reservations.
11th March 2012, 07:47 PM
Akbag

Location: Haldipali, Satalma, Barpali , Bargarh , Orissa pin-768029

The system of reservation which is enshrined in our constitution provides facilities to uplift the economically upward class in the society . The system of reservation should be prevailed . But it should be prevailed in a modified way . It would be on the ground of income .
14th March 2012, 04:38 PM
bohare

I think reservation should not be allowed. because those who have good knowledge so they don't need to reservation.
reservation is just like a business .due to reservation general's student didn't get
position but they have good marks
The main thing is that--------
((( ST,SC,OBC CAN COME IN GENERAL QUOTA BUT GENERAL CAN'T COME IN ST,SC,OBC QUOTA)))
So i think reservation should not be allowed in any sector
18th March 2012, 09:16 AM
akanubhav

Arrow Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushma bejgum View Post
As all of us know that at many stages in our life we usually face the effect of reservation on our lives.
So why can't we make a poll on reservatons whether to be there or not and there consequences.
No. Definitely no to reservation. Reservation seems to be luxury of riches. But the people who are financially weak who couldn't get reservations , would they don't study. They attain high percentages and they should be provided with special schemes by Govt. . Reservation down the courage of future of the country.
19th March 2012, 02:11 PM
chiragppatel88

Quote:
As all of us know that at many stages in our life we usually face the effect of reservation on our lives.
So why can't we make a poll on reservatons whether to be there or not and there consequences.

according to me there should not be any reservation by cast but reservation must be by depending on the economic condition of the people

due to reservation many general class intelligent guys not get admission in good college and job in government department so our country remain far behind any the such guys are moving abroad and foreign nation takes the benefit of them and they make good progress
23rd March 2012, 01:03 PM
thinker

Angry Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Quote:
No, reservations of any type should not be there. It effects the true and real individual who doesnot come under reservation category but is more efficient and capable than the reserved category individual.
2nd April 2012, 10:08 AM
indianstar
Junior Member+

There should be no reservation system, each and everyone should be given higher education, job, promotion etc. on merit. Giving reservation harms the person who comes under non-reservation. Even though non-reservation person has talent, capacity, ability he is left behind as reserved person gets the seat.
8th April 2012, 01:49 AM
sky bhalodi

Reservation should be not there anywhere whether it is education or government job because it creates the diference between the person . If one have the capability then he/she will enter into the good institute and also get the good job . But if there are the financial problem for those talented students then government should provide them financial support so that they will study further . So the ovarall conclusion is instead reservation government should provid financial support so that backward class talented student will study further.
11th April 2012, 09:34 AM
santhosh kumar v

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][/CO
there is no reservation good students because for general caste candidate got
100 rank if other got 1000. then other caste people get in niit and general people getting low colleges other than niit
16th April 2012, 01:36 PM
veena hanchinamani

yes it should be there because in some area the peoples which belongs to back ward category now also they are bearing some torture from the developed category people. in making reservation it is observed that developed people will not take this benefits.
22nd April 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

plz give examples that why reservations shouldnt be there
-its a school project.plz
28th April 2012, 12:39 PM
amanb1000571

Reservation should be for poor student not for some special cast
28th April 2012, 03:56 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

I don't think that reservations should be there...

Because this ruins the future of the country and the rate developments in the country...

Rather the government can provide the poor with proper and free education to uplift them...

thanks
29th April 2012, 04:35 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

there should not be any reservation in the field of higher education where we actually put a large effort to get into good institutes.....

taking off reservation will take off large pressure from the general students....
30th April 2012, 11:08 AM
lokeshgunda
Junior Member+

reservations made many lazy people. now they are enjoying there life very well living in comfort from many years. due to this there is lot of hidden talent.
2nd May 2012, 04:27 PM
vinayaga2012

No need any reservation!!!its my opinion
7th May 2012, 05:43 PM
kkkirti

Exclamation Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Hi, according to me, the reservation should not be there.
The first reason behind it is that, at one side our constitution says that all people are equal Or at another side it reserve many quota for restricted people. so how we all are equal.
If all people are equal then they should be rewarded or placed on the basis of their performance not on the basis of their religion. It also decreases the brotherhood.
our goverment colleges reserves some seats for sc or othercast student without seeing their ability. It is not natural that all people of sc are intelligent and poor.
many general categories students are intelligent but they are financially weak so what our government do for their. NOTHING just because they are of general category. Is it fine. no , not at all.
We all are living in democracy country where every people is free to give his/her opinion.SO if we all are equal then why there should be reservation for some categories only. Everyone should have equal right.
10th May 2012, 03:37 PM
a444

my opinion is should be not any reservation in any area
11th May 2012, 06:43 PM
pardhu puri

Reservations are not at all required... Because the people who r not eligible getting profit from it.
18th May 2012, 09:19 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

i don't support reservation because it divide us in many parts
20th May 2012, 11:04 AM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Exclamation Re: Reservations should be there or not?

Hello Friends,

According me there is no need of reservation.

We are all have ability to chase others .

personally feel that reservation which is in practise now should be stopped.

there should not be any reservation depending upon caste or community.

now a days every one is treated equally.

every one has got same status in the society.

so there is no need of any seperate reservation.

Thank you!
24th May 2012, 02:49 PM
manikantapalli89

Location: g-1, vijaya sai enclave-1, plot no:2, near balaji public school, r.r.v puram-post, visakhapatnam-29

Well its a good topic to discuss............
Reservations should be given on the basis of income and not on the caste basis. Absolutely its right! but no Government will do it, as it will mean a loss of large vote bank and elections.
31st May 2012, 01:48 PM
GOUTHAMMADDY

Reservations are good only up to certain extent because if we look for the benefit of one community,there is a loss for the other community of people.I think reservations based on the economical positions should be followed,because they can be used to improve the upliftment of the lower sections of the society.The present reservation system offers benefit even to the well-settled sc/st/obc categories.so a few amendments are required to the present reservation system.
24th July 2012, 12:59 PM
snehasalvi

yes reservation should given because i m also reserved and i know that problem face in education.......
but not for ques

thank you
26th July 2012, 08:42 PM
epson

there should be definitely reservations but the system should be changed or modified a bit to make it friendly for everyone..the income should be a major role in the system than it taking a minor role..

there are many people who even cannot afford to get educated in these kind of cases this system will be useful..
2nd August 2012, 03:18 PM
snehasalvi

hi
yes reservation should give........
i m also is in OBC and i know that whats problem phase is in study and job....

thank you.
16th August 2012, 04:23 PM
prince raj1

hi..
reservations are for those peoples who came from rural areas or a poor families.not for others.so i support for reservation for those peoples whos financial background is not strong.thanks..
16th August 2012, 05:03 PM
i am sure
Member+

I don't favour of Reservation because many candidates dispointed of its situation.
24th August 2012, 02:29 PM
CHOGC

In my opinion [COLOR="Blue"]Reservation is to educate those who are backward in finance but not in caste[/COLOR]. So, what do I think is that reservation is necessary, but to those who are unable to continue their education due to lack of financial help after their secondary education(S.S.C.).
5th September 2012, 04:48 PM
shadab879

No. I think reservation should not be there. Now the situation has changed. Anybody who is determined to achieve something, he will definitely get, no matter if he gets the reservation or not. So no use of reservation. Reservation increases the pressure on the general candidate. The faces a tough competition. So in my point of view, reservation should not be there.
22nd September 2012, 04:45 PM
teerp

There shouldn't be any reservations, especially not for any caste, creed or religion. It can be given as a favour to those are living under poverty line.
22nd September 2012, 06:40 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

yes reservation should be there because the students who come from the rural area the should get there right
28th September 2012, 02:04 AM
surajm093

Smile Re: Reservations should be there or not?

As all of us know why reservation policy came in India. There are many people in the country who need financial, economical, and educational support as they come from such a background where there is no money and no education. But Today reservation is becoming a cause because reservation is given to those people who actually need it. There is no caste wise reservation system, leaving some of the caste which really need it but for rest other caste it should be taken.
Good Luck
1st October 2012, 02:00 AM
dharmesh99

Thumbs up Re: Reservations should be there or not?

At some Aria of India reservetion is require because those people are poor in knowledge as well as finacial condition and also belong to Backword classes,Those people need reservation.
2nd October 2012, 12:18 PM
incredible_22
Junior Member+

According to me, reservations should not be there. Government should provide full facilities to the backward classes so that they can lead a good life and pursue their education well. But reservation of seats for various institutes, jobs etc are not fair as the deserving candidates are left out.
15th October 2012, 04:49 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

As according to our Constitution all should be treated equally, then what is the purpose of Reservation.. Opposition towards Reservation should be supported because the benefits of it are not going to actual people rather than they are taken up by those people os these society who are already in up class. Whereas the actual needy people are still on the same place. no one will object if the actual needy gets the benefits.
23rd October 2012, 09:07 AM
gayter0203

The purpose of this reservation is to give equal opportunities to backward classes. But instead of this, why cannot they just improve their standard of education at a very early stage, so that they need no more incentives and stand on their own in this competitive world?
26th October 2012, 03:37 PM
rocksabhijeet
Member+

I support reservation only for few cases like ----

* Those for lower income group
* Those for Handicapped students.........
* Those having lower eye que .......
26th October 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Hello guys
i am in the favour of motion that reservation should not be there because it also a major reson for demotivation of general category persons.example-if a person is called for interview and he belongs to general catogry he will think that there is no benefit to go for interview because priorty will be given to reservation.
Thank U
30th October 2012, 08:49 PM
prashanth debbadwar

If one of the family member has government job then reservation should not apply for that family.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?