View Poll Results: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

Parents decided 16 8.00%
I chose the field because friends chose the same field 1 0.50%
I myself decided based on my interest 142 71.00%
I myself decided based on job opportunities 41 20.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

4th January 2011, 02:07 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

Are you doing Engineering, Medicine, MBA etc?
Did you join these fields with your own interest or did your parents force you into it

Are you interested in what you are doing?

4th January 2011, 03:55 PM
J.SHEELA
Junior Member+

Default Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

no my parents force but now i this course everything like this parents knows everything more than us
4th January 2011, 05:35 PM
rihhu
Member+

Default Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

hii have taken engineering as my field and hence it is my choice i took it not out of interest in this field but i have taken this because i wanted to earn as soon as possible and i found this is the best way and many people want success in their life as soon as possible
4th January 2011, 06:07 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

see my friends,

Parents are only guiders they only guides those things which are beneficial to me and to my parents.That must be prestigious thing.
Basically in today's era no one choose their field in contrast to interests but the field which is more beneficial those are becoming the point of interests.

For example a guy is more artistic, he draws like Husain's arts but there is no scope in this field, this guy only thinks and makes this as hobby in one hand and makes career in a doctor or business man or Engineer which is money making jobs.

Paison ke saamne interest kuch bhi nahi.(No interest stands in front of Money)

the place where More Money = point of Interest comes here
the place where Interest = No money

So why to choose Interest field,

But my suggestions to every one if you make your interest to those fields where money is like sky rockets then you will be one day RATAN TATA , OR LAKSHI MITTAL...

regards
Deepak.
4th January 2011, 07:06 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

I choosed my field on basis of my interset.I was intersted in Eingeenering.My parents supported my decision.They never forced me to go for medical although dey hd strongly wished tht i shld go for medical.I knew tht medical is nt my cup of tea........

I firmly belive tht parents shld nt force child 2wards selecting der profession.They shld try 2 understsnd childs interest ,support dem .They shld gv sum time 2 proove ourselves.They shld hv trust on der child.....

Ultimately When one selects a profession its der passion who helps dem manage stress,fight against all odds & acheive sucess........
4th January 2011, 08:51 PM
ishakesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummoderator View Post
are you doing engineering, medicine, mba etc?
Did you join these fields with your own interest or did your parents force you into it

are you interested in what you are doing?
i am a student of non medical.....i believe i have taken wrong step...but i am trying to do my best that at low spirit.....let see what will happen?????? Bye....
4th January 2011, 09:07 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Currently I am pursuing my MBA. I have joined in my MBA with my own interest.Actually my background in my graduation level is Biotechnology. Even though I am interested in pursuing MBA in hospital management instead of going for msc biotechnology or biochemistry.

As mba people need to have good communicational skills and managerial skills, that motivated me to take mba as myself i feel that iam strong enough in those skills and now i am very much happy with my performance.
5th January 2011, 09:40 AM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

i select my present field on the basis of my interest . now i am a student of an engineering college and i am doing engineering with my passion
5th January 2011, 10:51 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

No i am doing b.tech due to my own interest.i was not forced by anyone .also i was not sure that whether jobs were available or not but i listened my heart which said choose engineering ,you will definitely succeed.
5th January 2011, 10:53 AM
bnagarajcse

I selected my job myself based on opportunities...
5th January 2011, 12:25 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Now I am doing persuing b.tech in computer science and engineerind and I must say here that I have choosed this field only due to my interest in this subject .i was not forced by anyone .

I always suggest students to choose field according to your interest not others.
5th January 2011, 03:33 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

yeah some time our interest change with situation or you can say we will get our talent recognition with different situation...and i do believe in that

because i do have interest in both biology and maths and doesn't want to loose any subject but with time i got seat in maths and what ever i am doing now is satisfactory to me as we cannot change the past but we can make our future!! that my believe!
5th January 2011, 03:40 PM
dayanandbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumModerator View Post

i this qqualification depending choosen upon my intrest
6th January 2011, 08:19 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
i took civil engineering only because my father had foreseen the great future for the field and advised me to take it....
in an way he was right because today the civil engineering is one of the most sought after proffession
6th January 2011, 08:49 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

I choose my field upon my own interest. I choose Science Stream because Physics and Maths is my field of interest but not Chemistry but still i choose PCM.
7th January 2011, 12:34 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The field is only that in which your interest lies otherwise it will soon become a burden for you.And if money becomes an obstacle then no need to panic as if you have a talent then definitely your work will gives you a fruitful result & many opportunities will wait for You.The important one is to grab them as quickly as possible as opportunities knocks the door only once.
7th January 2011, 08:44 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

I decide my own career myself,no one force me for that and also i chose it according to my interest...
7th January 2011, 09:53 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

I decide my stream Computer Science and Engg. myself seeking better growth opportunities in this filed nowadays and future.
7th January 2011, 10:45 AM
anaspeer

Hi,

I was interested in doing Engineering and My parents supported me for that. But my parents had a wish of making me a Doctor as my brother is a Doctor. But I didn't have any interest in that field.

Parents said their wish and I said my interest and they supported my interest.

If you have something like what you want to be, make your parents understand your interest. They will surely understand you.

Unless you choose your career with interest, you are not gonna make it the best for your life.
7th January 2011, 07:02 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

I have chosen Engineering and that to in Electrical because i have particular reasons for it.

First of all am interested towards the subject since all the guys who are persuing Engineering course have told me that out of all the common branches Electrical is the toughest so i just want to face the tough.

I want to go through the SSB through Electrical branch so i have choose Electrical out of the lot.
11th January 2011, 05:17 AM
Enoch

Quote:

I am very interested in what i am doing. Because i choose it for myself and i am doing it quit well and i am proud of it. The best you can do is to study what you know how to do best and see what you can get out from it instead of studying courses based on what you are being told...
12th January 2011, 01:50 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Weel of course I am persuing what I wanted to study.

No head ache, No tension from Parents the one and only quote from there side is that " Just be a Successful person in Life, no matter in which field you are, just be the Master of your Onw"

Regards
~Faiyaz
12th January 2011, 08:04 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

Well, presently I am a school student. I prefer to go for engineering and my parents are with me on this decision. They have told me that I am free to choose whatever occupation I am interested in. My father himself is a doctor. But he has never forced me to go for medical. But he wants me to go for either Science stream or Commerce stream. Yet if I want Arts, he would not deny. I believe that we should study what we are interested in or according to our skills.If we are a good artist and want to be an architect, but elders tell to be a doctor, it would be of no use. How can aBiology-fearing person become a doctor? Our life, too, will become boring and monotonous. So, I think we should pursue our interest as a career; parents too should not force their children to do what they do not wish to. We have got only one life and try to live it at full.
13th January 2011, 08:04 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Well,it is very important for anyone to go by their interests inoder to achieve greater heights.But sometimes such becomes the circumstances that one cannot choose their particular field of interest.

As in my case,though my parents didn't forced me into the engineering field as they took my opinion before choosing it.
Immediately after my 10th, after clearing an entrance test i went for Polytechnic.At that point of time i was not even much concious of the various career options and with the thought of becoming an Engineer i was delighted and so i thought if my parents are choosing this field then it would be not at all bad.though later i realised that i was not made for Engineering or as to say that i was not 100% interested in it but i accepted it.
14th January 2011, 09:08 PM
rahul_kumar066

I must choose my own interest because SUNO SAB KI KARO APNE MAN KI
I trust on me.
16th January 2011, 06:00 PM
babrubhan.sahu007

i like medical field so i choose it according my interset. there is no pear pressure on me. i m happy with my field.
16th January 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

no i choose my interest
16th January 2011, 07:13 PM
sambit mohapatra

i selected information technology as my subject because it is the subject in which one has a evergreen carrier as if one is good in this then he can easily get a job and prosper
17th January 2011, 07:31 AM
paulose

I am studying engineering even though my parents forced me to go for a doctor.I am happy with what I am now and shining in the best way that each parent wish to get from their son from their educational saga.
17th January 2011, 02:40 PM
srujanap

hi...
i have choosen my field as b.tech in computer science . I have chosen it of my own interest . I'm intrested in computer from my childhood. so have chosen it as my career..........

thank you
27th January 2011, 04:38 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:

Hello
I am almost completed my MBA and it is totally my decision Because Engineering with the combination of MBA is a great demand in industry and most of my college senior had done the same and they are getting a handsome package.

thanks
1st February 2011, 03:07 PM
Yashikapadma

Smile Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

Hello...

Now i am doing my final year BE(CSE)... I was not interested in this course... My parents only compiled and joined in this course... But after enter in to the third year i was adapt and forced to study and got 80% in my studies....

Thank you....
1st February 2011, 06:51 PM
aryabhatta

i choose the field with my choice because i will have to study that so it is important to choose the field in which i find myself suitable and apt
1st February 2011, 07:13 PM
mohit brh

i am doing engineering becuse i have interest in this field.
present time many student have pressure to choose field and it's decided by parents. result will be that student will not success in their field.
2nd February 2011, 02:29 AM
bikenindia

Hello,

Yes, I have choose my present field with my own interest. Currently, I am pursuing BE ECE. I have a dream of becoming engineer from my childhood days. But that time, I didnt have knowledge on ECE, But as I grow up, My interest in gadgets, electronics have grown. So i choose this field with my own interest and my parents also gave me full support.

Thank you.
2nd February 2011, 03:12 AM
SupritShestha

ya...i had chosen my field with my own interest to the subject and the fascinating dreams i used to dream about my field of interest...actually my parents wanted me to do medicine in Bangaladesh but i refused to be there where i am now today and i am very happy as well as my parents are proud of me......
2nd February 2011, 03:27 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Well i guess there is no dough that i have chosen this field on my own interest.No body has forced me to take up this field.Since from childhood itself i had a keen interest to join in management field and so i am here today.I am a B.com student and m really happy to take this field as my career.

Thank you.
14th February 2011, 09:51 PM
swati biswas

i have decided my present field according to my own interest. I have completed my 12th from science (PCMB) but now I have changed my stream to arts and have just completed my MA in English. I was always passionate about studying literature but at school level parents forced me to study science as most of my friends enrolled their names over there but after that I decided not to sit for either for engineering entrance neither medical and opted for English as my Honors subject just to satisfy my interest and at that time my parents also supported me ( I feel blessed for that). Thus, now I am happy and preparing for NET/JRF .
15th February 2011, 10:35 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Well !! am doing my engineering...And its my field of intrest..Well my field of intrest was not only doing engineering but..I was creative in my ideas..So now am In the field of movie making
17th February 2011, 06:36 PM
danish_khurana

Lightbulb Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

i am just studying in 8th std. but when i have to choose my field, i will choose it according my interest. no one can tell me anything. a person should not be forced to choose the field. so that he/she can work hard with full concentration.

INTEREST MY INTEREST
21st February 2011, 04:00 PM
Amed2010

Parents wants me as a doctor...
But i love engineering so i did it....
Every one should do what make him feel good.....
21st February 2011, 11:38 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

i always do what i want to do .i am an engineering students and i always want it because i am very good in programming field so i thought of doing IT and now i am part of best college in my city
1st March 2011, 01:42 AM
yogs.singh

i choose my present field with my own interest because

if you choose a field of your interest then chances of doing progress

is more.

when you will do work of your own interest then you will

never feel bore of work
1st March 2011, 04:39 PM
raj100

i m doing btech because in less effort i will get more money and comfartable,,,,,,,
yeah some time our interest change with situation or you can say we will get our talent recognition with different situation...and i do believe in that
6th March 2011, 11:32 PM
nikitavyas

helloo..........
i am doin law rt nw & i decided my carrier with my own choice. i think we should decide our carrier in which we have interest & we can achieve our goals in that field although parents will suggest us many fields but at the most you have to decicide what u want to achieve..............
but m glad that i myself chose my carrier & my parents supported me in that.
16th March 2011, 04:09 PM
rajilakshman

Wink Re: Did you choose your present field with you interest or were you forced into it?

I myself chose my career in it software..here the future is good and nice package..enjoying myself
23rd March 2011, 02:05 PM
sumit9897gaur

thats not true that interest cannot make money they can.
for example today iam an engineer that was not my field of interest i was always intersted in playing guitar but my parents wants me to be proffesional so they got me admitted in an engineering college but i kept continuity in playing gutar and now i also take some guitar classes side by side and many music related institution have called me to teach in there centres. with a good amount so thats not true that you cannot make money with your interest
i would like to say wear that thing in which you are best suited rather than wearing some different size either it will definately look odd.
23rd March 2011, 02:15 PM
sumit9897gaur

thats not true that interest cannot make money they can.
for example today iam an engineer that was not my field of interest i was always intersted in playing guitar but my parents wants me to be proffesional so they got me admitted in an engineering college but i kept continuity in playing gutar and now i also take some guitar classes side by side and many music related institution have called me to teach in there centres. with a good amount so thats not true that you cannot make money with your interest
i would like to say wear that thing in which you are best suited rather than wearing some different size either it will definately look odd.
15th April 2011, 06:15 AM
Samad M
Member+

from the child i wish to become a software engineer and now my dream has come true my parent left it to me to chose any of the stream.
17th April 2011, 12:05 AM
tejormayi

Myself i choose the field on based on my interest
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?