14th February 2015, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CAT if pursuing B.Sc 1st year?

hi
i am in bsc 1st year in college.
can i apply for cat examination held under IIM ????
am i eligible for this now?????
kindly let me know

16th February 2015, 06:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT if pursuing B.Sc 1st year?

Eligibility Criteria required for CAT (Common Admission Test) Examination:

No, you are not eligible to appear in CAT Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for CAT Examination is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. You must have secured minimum 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA.

>> Candidates appearing in final year of Qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in CAT Examination.

>> Since you are still pursuing B.Sc 1st year, I am so sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this exam this year.

>> I suggest you to prepare well for CAT Examination from now onwards to secure good marks, and when you apply for CAT Examination after 2 years you can easily secure good rank and ultimately a seat in IIM (Indian Institute of Management).

CAT Examination Pattern:

Duration of Exam - 2 hours 50 minutes
I) Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation - 50 Questions
II) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning - 50 Questions
16th February 2015, 08:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is an entrance examination which is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission to their Business Administration programs. Eligibility Criteria required to appear in CAT examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
--> The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised university.

--> Candidates who are going to appear in final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examinations and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for CAT examination.

Since, you have not completed your Graduation degree course and being a B.Sc first year student, you are not eligible to appear in CAT examination. Once, you complete your Bachelor's degree course or when you are going to appear in final year of Bachelor's degree examinations, you are eligible to appear in CAT examination.
16th February 2015, 10:12 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, now you are not eligible to apply for CAT exam. That's because Candidates who are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree or the candidates who have completed their graduation with minimum 50% of marks are only eligible to appear for CAT exam. So, you can apply for the CAT exam, when you are pursuing your B.Sc final year.

Eligibility:-
1. Candidate should have completed their graduation or any equivalent examination with minimum 50% of marks.
2. Candidates who are pursuing their final year of bachelor’s degree can also apply for CAT exam.

How to Apply:-
You can apply for CAT exam through official website.
https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web...x.html?1@@1@@1
17th February 2015, 10:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
i am in bsc 1st year in college.
can i apply for cat examination held under IIM ????
am i eligible for this now?????
kindly let me know
No, you are not eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

Best books for CAT exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitative Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?