17th July 2015, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of B.Sc and PG in English?

If one has done say Bsc and later on PG English can one apply for NET exam if yes with which subject or stream? Can you please provide me the complete information on this soon as possible? Am awaiting to get the answer for the same. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?
  3. Am I eligible to attend NET exam in English after scoring 53% marks in M.A English? I have scored 55% in M.Phil English
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  5. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for NET Exam having done PGDCA after completion of B.Sc?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam December session?
  8. After completion of BSc degree in IHM am I eligible to sit for IAS exam?
  9. NET exam for masters of physiotherapy in neurology first year student? which subject can be applied in NET?
  10. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  11. If I pass BSc Biotech with first division then will I be eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam?
  12. Am i eligible for UGC NET exam after PGDM degree?
  13. Will I be able to apply for CSIR-NET for Life Sciences if study M.Sc(Agriculture Nanoscience & Technology)?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for NET Exam after completion of Graduation in Zoology and LLB course?
  15. Am I eligible for B.Ed in English after completion of my B.Com?
  16. Colleges in which I can apply for M.A English after scoring 45% in BSc Arts?
  17. Am I eligible to give NET exam after completion of my external M.Com from Karnataka university?
  18. Am I eligible for NET exam after passing M.A English with 53.50
17th July 2015, 04:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of B.Sc and PG in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If one has done say Bsc and later on PG English can one apply for NET exam if yes with which subject or stream? Can you please provide me the complete information on this soon as possible? Am awaiting to get the answer for the same. Thank you!
You have completed PG in English so you are eligible UGC NET exam in English subject.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for UGC NET exam. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
17th July 2015, 06:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of B.Sc and PG in English?

Your post graduation qualification will matter for NET and if you have M.A English qualification with 55% marks then surely you can apply for this exam without any doubt.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. Hence, if you have the marks then you should start preparing instead of worrying.
18th July 2015, 11:07 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National eligibility test is conducted by CBSE on behalf of University grants commission (UGC).

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

1. Candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in master's degree from a recognized university/ institute which is recognized by UGC in Humanities and social science, computer science & applications, electronic science etc..,

2. Candidate has to appear in the subject of their post graduation only.

3. For Junior research fellowship the age of the candidate should not exceed 28 years of age.

4. For Assistant professor there is no upper age limit.

Below I have attached a detailed notification.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGCNETbulletingJune2015.pdf(941.2 KB, 13 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?