17th July 2015, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Which course to take for higher studies in Robotics after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical?

Which course to take for higher studies in Robotics after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical? I came to know that robotics is going to be the future and for that I need to take up the right course to shine. So, can you please let me know the details on doing higher studies in Robotics?

Thank you!

17th July 2015, 04:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to take for higher studies in Robotics after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which course to take for higher studies in Robotics after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical? I came to know that robotics is going to be the future and for that I need to take up the right course to shine. So, can you please let me know the details on doing higher studies in Robotics?

Thank you!
After completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering you can do M.Tech in Robotics through GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
17th July 2015, 05:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to take for higher studies in Robotics after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical?

You must try to qualify GATE because it will allow you to get admission in a reputed engineering institute for your M.Tech programme. Once you get admission in a prestigious institute you will have good opportunity to enter a field according to your qualification.

Therefore, qualify GATE and choose a stream which is closely related to robotics for your M.Tech and then you can surely showcase your skills.
18th July 2015, 12:54 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

As there is no filed like Robotics to pursue your higher studies.

To pursue your career in the field of robotics one can pursue the course named Mechatronics which is the combination of mechanical, electrical engineering and computer science.

There were various universities offering this course which manipal university, SRM university, Kancheepuram and Bharat university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?