10th August 2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MCA being a B.Tech(IT) candidate?

Respected Sir,
I am pursuing B.Tech(IT). After my B.Tech I want to study MCA. Can you please tell me I am eligible to study MCA after my B.Tech?

13th August 2015, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA being a B.Tech(IT) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am pursuing B.Tech(IT). After my B.Tech I want to study MCA. Can you please tell me I am eligible to study MCA after my B.Tech?
Yes, you are eligible for MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
14th August 2015, 07:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for the Master of Computer Applications. It is a post graduate degree and one can do post graduation in this course if you have interest in computer applications.

The eligibility criteria for the MCA is:

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in discipline like BBA, BCA, B.Tech, Science are eligible to apply for the course. But one important criteria is that candidate must have studied mathematics at 10+2 level to be eligible for MCA.

So if you have studied mathematics at 10+2 level, you are eligible for MCA being a B.Tech IT candidate.
15th August 2015, 04:19 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required in to pursue MCA course is that a candidate should have done their BBA, BCA or B.Tech from a recognized University. Moreover candidates who have finished their graduation in Science can also apply, these students must have however studied mathematics as a subject in their +2 level.

Candidates must also have to score a minimum of 60% in their graduation and will have to write an entrance examination to pursue the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?