10th March 2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MSc(Biotechnology) after completing BSc(Biochemistry)?

Hello friends, I am doing BSc(Biochemistry) from SRM University. I want to do MSc after my BSc(Biochemistry) in Biotechnology. So, I will do M.Sc in Biotechnology. So, I am eligible for doing THIS M.Sc after BSc or not?

Related Questions:
21st April 2018, 09:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MSc(Biotechnology) after completing BSc(Biochemistry)?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue this M.Sc in Biotechnology course after successful completion of B.Sc in Biochemistry course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course.

>> Candidates must have completed their Graduation in any of the below mentioned life sciences subjects. They may include,
* Microbiology
* Botany
* Zoology
* Biochemistry
* Biotechnology
* Agricultural Sciences..etc.,

>> As you are from B.Sc in Biochemistry background, I can strongly say that you are eligible to pursue this M.Sc in Biotechnology course. Some of the colleges offer their own entrance examination for offering admission into this course. Colleges offering M.Sc in Biotechnology are,

@ Kurukshetra University
@ Ganpat University
@ Guru Gobind Singh College..et.,
23rd April 2018, 02:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MSc(Biotechnology) after completing BSc(Biochemistry)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am doing BSc(Biochemistry) from SRM University. I want to do MSc after my BSc(Biochemistry) in Biotechnology. So, I will do M.Sc in Biotechnology. So, I am eligible for doing THIS M.Sc after BSc or not?

Yes, you are eligible to study MSc Biotechnology after completion of BSc Biochemistry. Admission to the MSc Biotechnology is done on the basis of an entrance examination conducted by the college or university. Duration of the course is two years. MSc Biotechnology course is available in the following colleges for BSc Biochemistry completed students:

Banasthali Vidyapith - Official Website

Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham - Official Website

Vels University - Official Website

Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies - Official Website

IMS Ghaziabad - Official Website

S.D. College - Official Website

GLA University - Official Website
23rd April 2018, 08:20 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in any biological science stream/BAMS/BPT/Physics etc. are eligible to apply for M.Sc Biotechnology course. The admission of the candidates are done on the basis of Joint Admission Test in IITs. Some universities conduct their own entrance examination to select the eligible candidates. Here are some of the examinations for the course:

> JNU CEEB

> GATE

> IIT JAM etc.
30th April 2018, 01:11 PM
kevinhills

Yes, you are eligible to do MSc in biotechnology after completion of Bsc biochemistry. There is an eligibility criterion for getting admission in Msc after Bsc in any university:
First of all, you need to clear the entrance exam
And secondly, Your graduation aggregate.

But if your question is only that you are eligible for MSc biotechnology after BSc biochemistry then yes you are eligible.
1st May 2018, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Can somebody please list all the top universities or colleges offering MSc biotechnology and the mode of admissions into them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?