1st December 2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Which is better M.E or M.Tech in IT after completing B.Tech in IT?

Dear Sir,
I have been appeared in last semester of B. Tech IT in this month. I want to do post graduation in I. T. from Gujarat. Can I have information here?

2nd December 2015, 09:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better M.E or M.Tech in IT after completing B.Tech in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have been appeared in last semester of B. Tech IT in this month. I want to do post graduation in I. T. from Gujarat. Can I have information here?
M.E stands for Masters of Engineering.

M.Tech stands Masters Technology.

So after completion of B.Tech in IT, you can do M.E in IT or M.Tech in IT. Both are equal value.

For M.Tech admission in reputed college, you must have valid GATE score.
3rd December 2015, 06:33 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

From my point of view, Master of Technology in Information Technology is the best. You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE exam gives you opportunity to pursue M.Tech from top reputed engineering institutes of India like IITs, NITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges. Second most important advantage of this exam is that if you are among top rankers, you may be called for recruitment interview by any PSUs.

While pursuing M.Tech, you will also receive stipend if you are GATE qualified.
3rd December 2015, 11:44 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Just try to qualify GATE and get admission in the best college for your M.E or M.Tech. These days M.E is offered by very few colleges and you have to perform well in GATE to become eligible for admission in M.E in comparison to M.Tech course. But still M.Tech is considered a better option than M.E.

Hence, just choose the better college whether for M.E or M.Tech because both are equivalent will have same weightage in future after completion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?