1st August 2016, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Which is better MBA or MA (eco) after BA (eco) hons? Will gap create problem during interview if I drop one year?

Sir, I have two questions. First, I completed BA (eco) honors in 2015 at Patna but I am confused now which is better MBA or MA (eco). Second, is there any problem in future if I take admission in 2017? Will gap year create problem during interviews?

2nd August 2016, 01:22 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is better MBA or MA (eco) after BA (eco) hons? Will gap create problem during interview if I drop one year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have two questions. First, I completed BA (eco) honors in 2015 at Patna but I am confused now which is better MBA or MA (eco). Second, is there any problem in future if I take admission in 2017? Will gap year create problem during interviews?

The MBA is better after BA (Economics) course than a MA (Economics). The scope for the MBA holder is bright compared to the MA Economics course. The aspirant can pursue his career in the management profession after MBA. The job opportunities for the course are really high. The admission to the MBA will be done through a common entrance test like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, TANCET etc. If the course is studied through any good institution then the chances of getting a job in campus placement is high. So study the MBA course through good institutions.
No, the gap in education will not create any problem during interview. But you have to give a proper reason for the gap period in the interview.
2nd August 2016, 09:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better MBA or MA (eco) after BA (eco) hons? Will gap create problem during interview if I drop one year?

As you have completed BA(economics) hons. I would personally suggest you to get admission in MA(economics) as it is totally an extension your current course and will help you to enhance your knowledge about the field of specialization and moreover will be beneficial when you will be opting for job in the prospective field. However, if you wish to opt for MBA, you can very much opt for that course also, there is no such problem in it, if you are really interested in the course. MBA is also a great career opportunity and many students are opting for the course even after doing B.Tech/B.Sc, etc.

There won't be any such problem in it, provided you should be able to show during interview session, your activities during the year, as if you would have been doing absolutely nothing in this one year, it would provide a negative impact on the interviewer and there are high chances of you getting rejected.
5th August 2016, 12:17 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your BA in Economics, according to my opinion you must opt for MA in Economics as this course is related to your field and it will be more beneficial for you. You can also opt MBA after completing BA course but it will be better to opt MA rather than MBA.
There should not be any problem due to a year gap in your Education at the time of Interview if you provide them a valid reason for the gap.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?