25th January 2018, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I add doctor prefix before my name after completion of post graduation and Ph.D course?

I want to know after my post graduation and PhD will my name will have a prefix of doctor? Can you please let me know the same? What are the criteria to add doctor? Can everyone just do it once the course is done? Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

28th January 2018, 05:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I add doctor prefix before my name after completion of post graduation and Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know after my post graduation and PhD will my name will have a prefix of doctor? Can you please let me know the same? What are the criteria to add doctor? Can everyone just do it once the course is done? Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

You can add doctor prefix (Dr) before your name only after completion of a PhD. It is not possible to add Dr prefix with any other qualification other than PhD i.e. Doctor of Philosophy. Those who have completed a PhD in any discipline can add the Dr prefix to their name in India. They have earned the PhD degree by working hard and after many years of research in a particular area. Apart from medical doctors, only PhD holders can add a Dr prefix to their names.
11th June 2018, 06:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I add doctor prefix before my name after completion of post graduation and Ph.D course?

I have cleared UGC NET in 1994.Is there any order that NET holders can use DR.before their name.Is there any order issued by UGC in this regard?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?