5th June 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GATE Stipend if completed M.Tech from a private college as a Non-GATE candidate?

I have taken admission in M.Tech last year as a Non GATE student by the merit list of the DTE rank for private college in kerala. I have qualified GATE with 321 marks under OBC category this year. Am I eligible to apply for GATE Stipend?

18th June 2016, 11:51 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE Stipend if completed M.Tech from a private college as a Non-GATE candidate?

AICTE provides stipend of Rs. 12400 per month to M.Tech students. You have taken admission in M.Tech course last year as Non GATE student in a private college in Kerala. You qualify GATE exam this year under OBC category and want to know whether you can apply for GATE stipend or not.

>>NO, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for GATE stipend. The main reason is that GATE stipend is provided to only those students who get admission in any AICTE approved institution through GATE score card. It does not matter whether you have qualified GATE exam after taking admission or not. If you take admission through other entrance exam then you are not eligible for GATE stipend.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?