17th November 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Can i do MA in English after completing B.Com Honours from Delhi University?

Sir/madam,

I am a b.com honours student of DU in 6th semester now. I want to know if i can do MA in Englsih after my graduation in B.Com honours. Please reply fast.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Com Honours from Delhi University along with ICAI course after completing 12th Science?
  2. Comparison between B.Com and B.Com Honours with or without CA
  3. Career options after doing English honours from Delhi university? What can be done in future?
  4. English honours along with Mass Communication after 12th Commerce? From where and how to do?
  5. Is it possible to take honours from 2nd year of B.Com?
  6. Does St Xavier's Calcutta offers B.Com without honours for non maths students?
  7. What is the marks percentage required to become a News reader in future after completion of English honours from Delhi Unversity?
  8. What is the scope of doing regular and correspondence English Honours from DU?
  9. Can I get admission to study M.A.(English) in Delhi University if secured 71.4% in B.A.?
  10. Can I get into IAS after completing graduation in B.A from English Honors
  11. What should I do next after doing English honors from Delhi university and a french course from Alliance Francaise?
  12. Direct T.Y.Bcom after completing my H.S.C. 2 years before -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Change from English honours to Geography honours from one college of Calcutta university to other?
  14. Economics honours or B.Com honours which is best? Scope after both the courses?
  15. What is the admission fee for admission in B.Com?
  16. How to get admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University or Delhi University for Geology honours?
  17. How can I calculate aggregate percentage to study Chemistry Honours in Delhi University? Cutoff marks required in entrance exam to get admission? List of reputed colleges offering Chemistry Honours under Delhi University?
  18. Is it possible to study Masters degree in Psychology after English Honours completion? -- [New]
17th November 2015, 06:48 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do MA in English after completing B.Com Honours from Delhi University?

Yes, you can do MA in English after completing B.Com Honours from Delhi University but you must have studied English as a main subject in graduation.

Eligibility for MA in English :
  • Candidate must have studied English as one of the main subject in graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Course duration is 2 years.
17th November 2015, 09:28 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do MA in English after completing B.Com Honours from Delhi University?

Yes, you can pursue M.A. English after completion of B.com honours from Delhi university.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for MA English is that the candidate must have passed graduation with English as one of the subject and should have secured above 50% marks in aggregate.

Some of the reputed universities even conduct an entrance examination for admission to MA English.
18th November 2015, 12:07 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/madam,

I am a b.com honours student of DU in 6th semester now. I want to know if i can do MA in Englsih after my graduation in B.Com honours. Please reply fast.

Being B.Com student you are eligible to apply for MA in English. Candidates must be graduate in any discipline with English as a main subject from a recognized University.

- Students perusing their graduation and expected to be graduate are also eligible to apply. There is no age limit for MA in Englsh Hons course.

Normally, the registration for MA in English will be start during the month of April/May. Students can download the application from through the official website of the respective university.
18th November 2015, 10:50 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am happy to say you that you can definitely do MA in English after completing B.Com Honours as you satisfy the required eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for MA in English:-

Candidates should have passed Graduation from a recognized University.
Candidates should have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation level.
Candidates must have studied English as one of the main subject in Graduation.
There is no age limit.
3rd July 2016, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Its given that you should have had English as one of the main subject but a student who does B.Com doesn't have English as a main subject..Just the medium of study is English in many colleges & universities..If a student has secured 905 in English in class 10 & 12 & is a Commerce graduate then can he(she) do post-graduation in english from ignou ? The Eligibility criteria given there is Bachelor%u2019s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University.
5th August 2016, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope if I m doing 3 years intensive French till c2 level from alliance francaise and b.com hons from Sol . Can I go to France for my MBA ? Is it a good future option please tell ..
25th February 2017, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

I am about to complete my b. com honours and I want to do m. a in English....
though I have English as one of my subjects it is a 50 marks paper can I still do m.a in english
21st May 2017, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I do m a with English if I studied b com and English as a subsidiary subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?