31st October 2015, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the marks percentage required to become a News reader in future after completion of English honours from Delhi Unversity?

I am student of English honours 2nd year from Delhi university and i want to know how much percentage is required in graduation to become a news reader??? Can someone please give me the information on all this soon as possible?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for a News Reader's post in Doordarshan after English Honours?
  2. Course to become a news reader? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Career options after doing English honours from Delhi university? What can be done in future?
  4. Cutoff percentage required in 12th to study B.A.(English)? List of reputed colleges in Delhi?
  5. How can I calculate aggregate percentage to study Chemistry Honours in Delhi University? Cutoff marks required in entrance exam to get admission? List of reputed colleges offering Chemistry Honours under Delhi University?
  6. Minimum required percentage to get admission in English honours at Presidency college?
  7. What kind of job is available for B.A.(Philosophy) Honours candidate of Delhi University? Scope of this course?
  8. Can I get admission in DU if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  9. Am I eligible for Psychology honours in Bethune or Gokhale or Lady Brabourne college? Percentage of marks required in HS?
  10. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  11. Where can I apply for English honours and how much is the least required marks?
  12. Percentage required in MBA for jobs in Foreign countries? Starting salary and scope?
  13. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  14. Marks or percentages required for English honours at St. Xavier's college?
  15. One can become News Reader/News Anchor only by doing MBA or other courses are available as well?
  16. Will I be able to become a new reader after completing the course of 3 months Diploma in News Reading from AAFT?
  17. Regarding English honours in a reknowned college
  18. Minimum percentage required to take up Sociology honours in Presidency College?
1st November 2015, 05:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the marks percentage required to become a News reader in future after completion of English honours from Delhi Unversity?

For becoming a news reader you have to do mass communication course. It will depend on your skills and percentage of marks is not the criteria in most of the cases.

In private news channels you can become news reader only through good communication skills and pleasing personality. Therefore, you can opt for a mass communication course preferably from IIMC.
2nd November 2015, 12:56 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the marks percentage required to become a News reader in future after completion of English honours from Delhi Unversity?

# You have expressed the wish to become a News Reader. For this, you are required to join the course in Mass Communication and Journalism from any reputed institute.

# Journalism is one of the most popular career option among the youth. It is basically
includes collection and broadcasting of new of local/national/international level through the medium of electronic and print media.

# Required educational qualification for the course in Mass Communication and Journalism:

* 10+2 in any stream for the bachelor degree programme.
* 10+2 in any stream for the certificate course.
* Bachelor degree in relevant discipline for master degree programme.

# Followings are the areas where one can find job after completion of course are:

* Central Information Services
* TV News Channels
* Press Information Bureau
* Newspapers
* Magazines
* Online Media websites
* All India Radio

# Apart from the job of News Reader, one can even join the following positions after completion of course:

* Reporter
* News Analyst
* Photo Journalist
* Correspondent
* Columnist
* Editor
* Proof Reader
* Fashion Journalist
* Chief Editor
* Sub-Editor
* Associate Editor
* Feature Writer
* Critic
* News Photographer

# Personal skills required by the aspirant in the field:

* Effective communication skill.
* Ability of taking quick decisions.
* Presence of mind.
* Leadership quality
* Self-confidence and cool mind,
* Acquaint with all latest national and international events.
* Visionary personality.
* Ability to edit or write the articles
* Ability to raise or make questions on national or international events.

# Names of few institutes offering courses in Mass Communication and Journalism are:

* Institute of Technology and Management (ITM), Dehradun
* NRAI School of Mass Communication, Management & Technology, New Delhi
* Jagan Nath University, Jaipur
* Indian Institute of Journalism & News Media (IIJNM), Bangalore
* Pearl Academy, Mumbai
* Institute of Management Studies, Noida
2nd November 2015, 10:36 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of English honours 2nd year from Delhi university and i want to know how much percentage is required in graduation to become a news reader??? Can someone please give me the information on all this soon as possible?

Thank you!
Those candidates who are interested to become a News reader, must complete Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Mass communication and journalism from a recognized university. The candidates must satisfy the below criteria in order to become a News Reader in reputed TV channel.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.

- The applicant must completed the Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Mass communication and journalism with minimum 50% of marks from a recognized university.

- The applicant must have good knowledge about the current Issues and Events.

- The applicant must every fluent in English and Mother language.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?