7th October 2014, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a chance to do post graduation at IIT if scored 23 in GATE?

hello sir, i got qualified the gate exam with gate score of 23 out 100 in electronics paper. can i get the chance to do my post graduation in IIT or any top colleges? and what are the procedures for proceeding to next step?

Related Questions:
  1. Chance in IIT,Delhi for M.Tech(Mechanical engineering) after 631 marks in GATE?
  2. Chance of getting into NITs after GATE score of 49 (Mechanical)? Any chance of getting into IITs?
  3. How to apply for PO on the basis of Post Graduation? I have scored 53% in graduation
  4. Minimum percentage required in B.tech to M.Tech in IIT after scoring good in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is there any chance to get admission in any college particularly in IIT or NIT after scoring 27/100 with GATe score of 248?
  6. Am I eligible for PO Exams having scored 56% in Graduation and 62% in Post Graduation?
  7. Is there any chance to get into IIT/NET with a good GATE score after passing in B.E with 59% in ECE branch?
  8. How can I get into marine engineering?
  9. Any chance to be selected in IIT and NIT after scoring 45/100
  10. Can I get IIT after scoring 46/100 in GATE Mechanical?
  11. Is there any chance to get structure analysis or geotechnical engineering at IIT BHU?
  12. Can I get admission in M.Tech course with engineering mechanics or design engineering in IIT, Delhi or IIT, Guwahati or IIT, Roorkee? I have secured 99.13 percentile(AIR 709) in GATE(In mechanical stream) and I belong to OBC categories
  13. Detailed procedure to apply for Post graduation in Physics in IIT, Madras? What is the selection process of IIT, Madras?
  14. Any chance to get a seat in any IIT after securing 4335 rank in GATE?
  15. How should I prepare for GATE? I have scored 55 marks in GATE
  16. After scoring 411 with 991 AIR in GATE BE paper in which college/institute can I get? Any chance for admission in M.Tech Biotechnology? GATE cutoff for various institutes?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT college after scoring 25.33 in GATE?
  18. Courses that I can do after UG in BSc Physics?
10th October 2014, 12:02 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a chance to do post graduation at IIT if scored 23 in GATE?

You haven't mentioned the percentile you have got in the GATE. The percentile usually goes very high for IIT admission.

In IITs usually candidates having percentile of above 99 get admission easily. Hence, you must try to get a good score as high as possible. You can calculate the percentile by using the following formula.

P= (N- Summation of n from C=1 to r)*100/N

Where, P= Percentile, N= number of candidates appeared, n= number of candidates having same rank and r= all India rank

For more information visit GATE 2015
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?