19th April 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Can BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and management take NET exam?

Sir/Mam,

May i know if BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and mgmt can take NET exam..? Are they eligible for it or not? I just wanted to apply for the NET exam and start preparing for it as well but am not sure if am eligible for the exam which needs to be cleared first.

19th April 2015, 09:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and management take NET exam?

Yes, you are of course eligible to give NET (National Eligibility Test) being a post graduate. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for applying NET Examination is "Master's Degree with minimum 55% marks (for General Category) candidates and 50% marks (for OBC Non Creamy Layer/ SC/ ST/ PWD) candidates.

Educational Qualification Required:

>> Candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or its equivalent qualification from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC.

Click here for More Details
19th April 2015, 09:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and management take NET exam?

According to CSIR notification B.E Graduates with at least 60% marks are eligible to appear for CSIR NET. Hence, if you have got 60% marks in your B.E then don't worry about your master's degree and apply for NET. If not then you must have 55% marks in your Master's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized University.

Hence, if you have done Master's in Engineering and Management then also you can apply for NET without any doubt. All you have to take care is the percentage of marks you have got which should not be below 55% if you are general category candidate. If you belong to reserved category then you must have 50% marks.
20th April 2015, 01:57 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Can BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and management take NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

May i know if BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and mgmt can take NET exam..? Are they eligible for it or not? I just wanted to apply for the NET exam and start preparing for it as well but am not sure if am eligible for the exam which needs to be cleared first.

Yes. After completing your post graduation you will be eligible for NET exam. As per your information you can write NET (National Eligibility Test) with Management subject.

I am attaching a document along with this post. In that you will clearly see the eligibility criteria for NET exam for any option like Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or Both.

The subjects of PG are given in page no. 18 to 20 in the attachment provided. Please find the same. Being a B.Tech graduate is not a problem. You need to have your post graduation in the subject which you want to take with NET exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGCNETbulletingJune2015.pdf(939.7 KB, 35 views)
20th April 2015, 09:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

You have completed post graduation degree so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?