26th December 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate having completed Post Graduation in MCM?

Hi, I have completed my post gratuation in MCM please I want to know that I am eligible for net or not

26th December 2011, 10:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate having completed Post Graduation in MCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my post gratuation in MCM please I want to know that I am eligible for net or not
Yes , MCM post graduate are applicable for NET exam.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.
27th December 2011, 05:02 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate having completed Post Graduation in MCM?

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can go for NET exam..

As you have already completed your post graduation course in MCM..

Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candiddate must have complete the post graduation in any trade with 55% aggregate from a recognized university.

Age limit:-

1.For lectureship:- No age upper age limit.

2.For JRF course:- Upper age limit is 28 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.

These are the eligibility criteria you need to fulfill.
So, go for the exam..
All the best..
27th December 2011, 06:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET stands for National Eligiblity Test, This examination is Conducted by UGC (University Grant Comission) Twice in a year, The examination is Conducted in June and December Every year, for this year both NET Examination was completed.

If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for this examination next year. The Notification of this examination will be Published in the month of April 2012, So please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination.

To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks form a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages, In First stage there are 2 papers and both are of Objective. The last papers is descriptive and you have to choose the Optional subjects in NET Examination.

So, If you have completed your Post graduation degree course form a recognised University, then please wait for the Notification and for more information check official website :

ugcnetonline.in
27th December 2011, 07:26 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

The qualifications required for the candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) to appear in NET exam is that you must have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination.

If you belong Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) you must have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination to be eligible to appear in the NET examination.

Thus your eligible to appear in NET exam with your post graduation if your percentage is more than 55%.
27th December 2011, 08:11 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear friend,

NET - National Eligibility Test

NET examination is conducted by U.G.C. twice in a year. First it is conducted in the June and second one is conducted in December.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A candidate must have complete post graduate with 55% marks.Final year candidates are also eligible for this exam.

As you are a candidate in M.C.M. with post graduate, so you are very much eligible for this aspect.

good luck.
28th December 2011, 12:26 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Exam

UGC conducts net exam twice, in a year in month of june and december for jrf and lecturership.

Notification 2012 for net exam will come in month of march and september for exam of june and december.

you should be postgraduate with 55% marks in any subject from any recognised university. who are appear in the final year of post graduation are also eligible to apply for exam.

Age should be 28th for jrf and no upper age for lecturership.

Relaxation for non general candidate.

Exam pattern:- There three papers comes.

Session Paper MarksDuration
First I 100 1¼ Hours (09.30 a.m to 10.45 a.m)
First II 100 1¼ Hours (10.45 a.m to 12.00 noon)
SecondIII 200 2½ Hours (01.30 p.m to 04.00 p.m)
24th April 2012, 10:00 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you must have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.For gneral and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/STcandidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.
For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.
For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.
22nd June 2012, 04:10 AM
Unregistered

No mcm post graduates are not eligible for SET/NET exam. Pls. get it confirmed then only fill in the forms , because end moment they reject your form stating MCM is not allowed as it is not Computer subject nor management. Such a disgrace Pune University conducts this course and they themselves refuse us to appear for NET/SET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregismetered View Post
23rd September 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

which type of syllabus for ugc net exam for mcm student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?