11th June 2016, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Career in petroleum sector after MBA? Which stream to select in MBA to get into this field?

Recently, I completed my degree in mechanical engineering and I am interested in MBA. But I wanted to make my career in petroleum sector. Which stream should I select in MBA to get into this field.

14th June 2016, 12:03 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Career in petroleum sector after MBA? Which stream to select in MBA to get into this field?

# You have mentioned in the query that you have completed degree in mechanical engineering and now interested in MBA. Simultaneously, you are also interested in making career in petroleum sector.

# In this connection, you are advised to pursue MBA degree with specialization in Oil & Gas Management.

# Required educational qualification for MBA in Oil & Gas Management:

* Any engineering degree with 50% marks in aggregate, OR
OR
* B.Sc. (PCM) with minimum 50% marks from a recognised board.

# Job opportunities available in following areas after MBA (Oil & Gas Management):

* Power Generation
* Oil Marketing
* Power Distribution
* Energy sector consulting services
* Power transmission
* Renewable Energy
* Firms or agencies engaged in energy efficiency
* Energy infrastructure
* Bio-fuels
* and many more

# Names of few institutions/colleges/universities offering MBA degree programme in Oil & Gas Management are:

* Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon
* University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
* Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
* Rajiv Gandhi Insitute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareilli, Uttar Pradesh
* Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
* IIIT, Pune
* University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Gurgaon
14th June 2016, 12:33 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in petroleum sector after MBA? Which stream to select in MBA to get into this field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Recently, I completed my degree in mechanical engineering and I am interested in MBA. But I wanted to make my career in petroleum sector. Which stream should I select in MBA to get into this field.
There is good Career opportunities available in Petroleum sector. There so much job opening are found in both the Government and Private sectors as well. Since the demand for petroleum products will increase, the job opportunities will also increase with time.

You can apply for MBA in Oil and Gas Management in order to make you career in Petroleum sector. Graduation is the minimum educational qualification is needed to apply for MBA in Oil and Gas Management. The candidate need to appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?