2nd August 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Which course I can opt for after completion of B.Tech in Civil? M.tech or M.S?

After completing my B.tech in civil branch what should I choose for higher degree M.tech or M.S ? Which would be the best? I just need to take up the course which would provide me a better future. So, can you please provide me the answer on this?

2nd August 2015, 08:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course I can opt for after completion of B.Tech in Civil? M.tech or M.S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completing my B.tech in civil branch what should I choose for higher degree M.tech or M.S ? Which would be the best? I just need to take up the course which would provide me a better future. So, can you please provide me the answer on this?
After completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering you are eligible for M.Tech course but you should qualify in GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

You can apply for MS course in Abroad but you should qualify in GRE and TOEFL exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language. This exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English.
3rd August 2015, 04:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course I can opt for after completion of B.Tech in Civil? M.tech or M.S?

As, you have completed you graduation in B.Tech(Civil), therefore it is advisable for you to go for M.Tech and not M.S. Pursuing M.Tech will however, help you a lot as it will be very much related to your 4 years of B.Tech course and you will however, even be able to catch it quite easily and one more thing is that M.Tech graduates have much more career and job opportunities as compared to M.S. degree holders.
3rd August 2015, 06:51 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any of the course of your choice.

MS and M.tech both are very good course with promising future.
After completing B.Tech in Civil branch, M.Tech will be best for you. M.Tech will provide you better future rather than MS after B.Tech Civil.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?