29th May 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for doing CA or to get admission in IIM?

After 12th exam with BST,ACC,IP,ECO can I join CA or IIM? If yes then what are the criteria and how to go about it. What percentage is required for this course? Is entrance exam is required?

Related Questions:
  1. Top 20 B-school in MAT as well as CET MHA?
  2. List of MBA colleges having 100% placement guarantee with good package? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Criteria for doing CA or to get admission in IIM? -- [New]
  4. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in Bangalore IIM? How much score is expected in the entrance exam?
  5. What is the full form of CAT? Which courses come under it?
  6. How much percentage of marks I need to score in CAT to admission in IIM-A, IIM-B or IIM-C? Which has best private job placement among these 3 IIMs?
  7. Admission in IIM-Ahmedabad for a candidate who has secured 80% in 12th Science?
  8. B.sc Statistics graduate can get admission in IIM for MBA? Details of getting admission in IIM after B.Sc in Statistics?
  9. Colleges offering scholarship after scoring 96.98% in Feb MAT? I am interested in International Business Course
  10. Is there any chance to get admission in any IIM after scoring 71 percentile in CAT?
  11. Minimum Eligibility criteria for getting admission to IIM Ahmedabad?
  12. Criteria of CAT entrance exam along with fee structure? Fee structure of IIM and non IIM institutes?
  13. Can I get admission in IIM-A or IIM-B if secured 99 percentile in CAT?
  14. Which are the different companies for electronics and telecommunication engineers? Which are the best colleges for MBA?
  15. Information about placement in IIM institute?
  16. Jobs and placements after bba+mba from lovely professional university?
  17. How much to score in CAT to get into IIMs?
  18. Do IIM prefer students from reputed colleges like IIT? Can I get into IIM with 50% in Graduation and 90% in CAT?
30th May 2016, 09:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria for doing CA or to get admission in IIM?

For admission in IIM you need to first complete graduation and then apply for exams like CAT. Excellent score in CAT with performance in GD&PI will help you to get admission in IIM.

For CA CPT you just need class 12th in any stream to appear on exam. After clearing CPT you can apply for registration in CA IPCC.
31st May 2016, 07:33 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There are entrance exams for both Chartered Accountancy course as well as for getting admission in Indian Institute of Management.

1. If you want to do CA course, you will have to apply for Common Proficiency Test. The eligibility criteria for this course is 10+2. You can apply for CPT at http://www.icai.org. There are two more stages after CPT that is IPCC and final year course.

2. Admission to IIMs is given on basis of Common Admission Test. For CAT exam, minimum qualification required is graduation. You can apply for CAT exam after graduation with at least 50% marks.
2nd June 2016, 01:23 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of class 12th, to do CA, candidates must have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test which is CPT. After successfully qualifying in CPT, you need to qualify two more stages which is IPCC and Final year course. The eligibility criteria for the same is that candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognized University.

To take admission in IIM, the basic eligibility which is required is that candidates must have to complete their Graduation from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks. Admission is based on the performance of Common Admission Test.
12th June 2016, 06:38 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Both the Courses which you have selected were good for your bright carrier, and both courses have entrance test.

If you want to do CA course, you will have to apply for CA CPT. It is a entrance test for entering in to the CA course. The Minimum eligibility criteria for this course is 12th with any stream from recognized board.
After the completion of CPT you can eligible for CA IPCC after that CA Final.
And Also you have choice to enter the professional course like CS, CMA, CFA.

If you want to join in MBA Course in IIM then you have to crack the Common Admission Test. CAT is a entrance exam for graduates to get admission in IIMs. For CAT exam you must have Graduation with minimum 50%.
15th August 2017, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentages should the student have in 12th commerce so that we can admission in IIM Ahmedabad?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?