25th January 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for taking admission in post graduation in statistics?

Good evening Sir/Mam, I am a student studying B.Sc. in statistics(Hons) and I have completed my 1st year exams and I want to know what is the eligibility criteria for taking admission in post graduation in statistics and what is the cut-off for the admission to P.G. in statistics and what are the job available in government and private sectors according to my concerned honors subject.

Therefore I request you to kindly help me and oblige.

Thanking you
Ashmita Mishra

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to take admission in UK? I want to do PG in statistics from UK
  2. What is the procedure for taking admission in NPTI for 12 weeks post graduation course in Thermal Power plant? What is the eligibility criteria?
  3. Eligibility to get admission in B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 59% in Post Graduation and 44% in Graduation?
  4. List post graduate courses in Psychology? Eligibility criteria for admission in post graduation?
  5. Eligibility criteria for admission into post graduation in MA?
  6. Can I study MCA course being a B.Com candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the eligibility criteria for doing post graduation in Accounts?
  8. Eligibility criteria to study Archaeology course in post graduation course in abroad?
  9. Am i eligible to appear for CDAC?
  10. PG Diploma in Ayurveda for 54 years old?
  11. Eligibility criteria for CGL Statistical Investigator GR-II post?
  12. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Statistics? Percentage required in Post Graduation for admission?
  13. Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Statistics if pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility criteria to take admission in MCA who does not have Maths in 12th and graduation?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria asked for the external students to do post graduation in engineering?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing B.Ed after completion of graduation with 48% and 52%?
  17. Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in Bengali after completion of post graduation in Sociology?
  18. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to get admission for post graduation in computer science?
28th January 2018, 03:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for taking admission in post graduation in statistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good evening Sir/Mam, I am a student studying B.Sc. in statistics(Hons) and I have completed my 1st year exams and I want to know what is the eligibility criteria for taking admission in post graduation in statistics and what is the cut-off for the admission to P.G. in statistics and what are the job available in government and private sectors according to my concerned honors subject.

Thanking you
Ashmita Mishra

Eligibility to study the MSc Statistics is a pass in BSc Statistics or Mathematics with Statistics as an allied subject with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Admission to the MSc Statistics is done on the basis of an entrance examination conducted by the college or university. Duration of the course is two years. The MSc Statistics course is available in various colleges and universities in India. Candidates after completion of the course can work in Data Analytics, Market Research, Government Statistician, Teacher, etc. in various organizations like Banks, IES, Educational Institutions, etc.
28th January 2018, 10:34 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for taking admission in post graduation in statistics?

As you are doing B.SC in statistics and want to do postgraduate degree in statistics then you must have to fulfill below mentioned eligibility conditions to get admission in postgraduate degree in statistics course:-
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate degree in statistics is bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Mathematics with computer science and applications.
  • Duration of PG degree course in statistics is 2 years which are divided into 4 semesters.

Some of reputed institutes also conduct entrance exam for admission of eligible candidates for PG degree course in statics. Here below are details regarding government and private sector job options after having PG degree in statistics:-

Job Options after having PG Degree in Statistics:- Major employment areas after PG degree in statistics are like Manufacturing sector, Banking sector, Insurance companies, Public sector research organisations, Educational institute, Research centres etc. and get job types as mentioned below:-
  • Subject matter expert.
  • Statistician.
  • Biostatistician.
  • Assistant professor.
  • Arithmetician.
29th January 2018, 09:13 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanking you
Ashmita Mishra
Eligibility Criteria Required for Master Degree in Statistics:

- The candidate must complete their Graduation Degree course in Statistics/ Mathematics /Computer Science but must have studied both Mathematics and Statistics from a recognized university.

- The candidate must complete their Graduation with a minimum of 50 % marks for General / OBC candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree.

- The candidate must study both Mathematics and Statistics as the main subject of graduation.
29th January 2018, 10:12 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed B.Sc statistics, so you are eligible to pursue M.Sc in statistics. The admission depends upon the cut off marks of the institute which changes every year in every institute. So, in order to get admission you have to achieve the cut off marks of the respective university. After completing the course you can find ample of jobs in both private and government sectors. Here are some of them listed below.

You can find jobs in private and government research centres, manufacturing units, lecturer in colleges, insurance companies, banking sectors, educational institutions, pharmaceutical companies etc. You can get jobs for some of the following positions:

> Assistant Professor

> Teacher

> Statistician

> Biostatistician

> Arithmetician

> Subject Matter Expert

> Junior Statistician

> Statistical Investigator etc.
29th January 2018, 10:13 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed B.Sc statistics, so you are eligible to pursue M.Sc in statistics. The admission depends upon the cut off marks of the institute which changes every year in every institute. So, in order to get admission you have to achieve the cut off marks of the respective university. After completing the course you can find ample of jobs in both private and government sectors. Here are some of them listed below.

You can find jobs in private and government research centres, manufacturing units, lecturer in colleges, insurance companies, banking sectors, educational institutions, pharmaceutical companies etc. You can get jobs for some of the following positions:

> Assistant Professor

> Teacher

> Statistician

> Biostatistician

> Arithmetician

> Subject Matter Expert

> Junior Statistician

> Statistical Investigator etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?