11th December 2012, 12:27 AM
DIVYAVEMULAPATI

How to prepare for technical and HR? I am a 4th year B.Tech student

now i am 4th btech! how i want to prepare regarding campus what i want to focus can u plz give some guidelines

Related Questions:
  1. After btech want to be pilot -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  3. Can a Computer Science 4th year B.Tech. student apply for Bank PO?
  4. How to get a better job in technical field? I am a B.Tech 4th year student
  5. Courses of 6 months duration for a B.Tech 4th year student?
  6. Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?
  7. How to do major project in 7th semester? I am a 4th year B.Tech IT student
  8. What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?
  9. What should I do after completing B.Tech? I am a 4th year B.Tech Civil Engineering student with 70% aggregate
  10. Any chance to become an Airhostess? I am a B.Tech 4th year student
  11. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  12. Does Wipro, Infosys or TCS offer internship in July 2011 for B.Tech 4th year student?
  13. How should I prepare for civils? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year in electrical and electronics engineering
  14. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-4th Sem Thermal Engineering-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Companies offering 5-6 months Internship programme in Bangalore for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student? Procedure to apply for it? -- [New]
  16. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  17. Can I eligible to get jon in Infosys having secured 76.99% in 10th, 68.44% in 12th and pursuing 4th year B.Tech?
  18. Is CAT preparation helpful for on-campus placements? I am a B.Tech 4th year student in IIT Indore
16th November 2015, 12:28 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for technical and HR? I am a 4th year B.Tech student

B.Tech stands for Bachelors in Technology and it is indeed taken our nation by surprise. India has produced a lot of engineers in the past decade and the trend only seems to continue. However, to keep the quality of education in mind is also necessary and must not be ignored. It is good that you are doing B.Tech and are already in your 4th or final year.

As we all know, B.Tech colleges have companies coming in by the final year of college to recruit students. These companies have various criteria for selection of students and some of them are:

1. Students should not have any back log papers pending or some companies do not even accept students who have history of back logs.

2. Some firms allow the students who have more than 75% marks in their 10th, 12th and graduation till that time to appear for the interviews directly.

Similarly, there may be various other criteria that would enable/disable students to sit for these companies and recruitment drives.

However, what remains constant is the rounds of interview which usually include technical + HR. Now, it is obvious by the names that technical rounds of interviews would test the candidates on their technical knowledge whereas the HR round only checks if the candidate is ready for a job, would he/she be able to adapt to the corporate environments etc.

I would suggest, go through the major concepts of your B.Tech whatever is taught in the 2nd and 3 year majorly since a majority of the B.Tech education curriculum is taught in those 2 years and consider yourself prepared for the technical interview.

To know more, you must refer your syllabus of whatever topics were covered in those two years and study them thoroughly for cracking the interview of the technical round.

For the HR, here are a few points to note:

1. Be aware of the company taglines, what the company does and what would your role be in it.
2. Be ready to accept relocation since most HR ask that question to check the flexibility of the candidate.
3. Be open to other challenging but general questions which I suppose usually people feel easy to handle.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?