26th October 2011, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Strategy to crack GATE Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? How much time can I devote to prepare for this Exam?

which books to follow?
howtime to devote for self study?
which r important subjcts?
sir wat should be the strategy to crack gate exam?

3rd November 2011, 02:50 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Strategy to crack GATE Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? How much time can I devote to prepare for this Exam?

With good preparation and study plan you can definitely clear GATE. The exam tests the fundamentals of the candidate. You should get your fundamentals correct. You can ask your seniors who have cleared this test before. You should plan properly by giving importance to time management. If you find difficulty in studying early you can join any coaching class as well.
22nd December 2011, 07:23 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Strategy to crack GATE Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? How much time can I devote to prepare for this Exam?

you have to read your own subjects & clarify all the basics things not only mathematic . you may purchase GATE2013 book for reference .

there are many others books also available in market . you have to also pravtice aptitude papers & reasioning question .

I personally suggest you to join some coaching institute for scoring good rank in gate exam or to join correspondence course .
22nd January 2012, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

There are many books avalable in market but which are the best and the book is also may be easy becoz we study itself thourgh this book
15th March 2012, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Is it easy for me to crack gate exam.I am from 2nd year EC branch from priyadarshini college nagpur.
16th April 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

importants for cse students to crack the gate
5th June 2012, 11:21 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

How to prepare for GATE exam:

1.Know the concept clearly

2.Solve the problems usinfg formulas

3.Practice previous year question papers

4.Remember the formulas and make them note

5.Try to solve questions in less time by using tricks

6.Practice the more problems in every concept

7.Attempt model GATE exams

8.Don’t neglect time management

Branch wise important subjects:

ECE:

1.Communication systems

2.Vlsi/Micro electronics

3.Computer science

4.Digital eletronics

5.Systems & signals

6.Instrumentation & Controls

CS&IT:

1.Software engineering&programming

2.Computer science engineering

3.Network & Internet engineering

4.IT

5.Multimedia

6.Embedded systems

EEE:

1.VLSI/Micro electronics

2.Electronic design & Technology(Chip level)

3.COmputer science engineering

4.Systems & signals

5.Digital electronics

6.Instrumentation & controls

7.Aerospace engineering

8.Power systems operations & controls(PSOC)

9.Power electronics(Machine drives)

10.Power systems

ME:

1.Design

2.Manufacturing

3.Industrial engineering

4.Thermal engineering

5.Aerospace

6.Energy systems

6th July 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to qualify in if i spent 5hrs/day for preparation
16th September 2012, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

how much time can i devote to prepare 4 this exam?
11th April 2014, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

What are the main things we face in writing the gate exam ? we have so afraid of it give me any tips to prepare for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?