13th July 2017, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

How to get lateral entry admission in MCA?

I have applied MCA lateral entry in KIIT. I want to know that, if I take admission in 2nd year of MCA as a lateral entry will also have to give MCA first year exam?

14th July 2017, 06:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get lateral entry admission in MCA?

There is no lateral entry admission available for degree holders in MCA course. You have to start from first year because you have a degree qualification . Which is the minimum qualification required for MCA admission.

If you have not studied maths at degree level then make sure that you have studied maths at class 12th level. This is the minimum criteria for entrance exam.
15th July 2017, 12:05 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you are taking admission in MCA through lateral entry process, you will get admission directly in the 2nd year of MCA degree course. So, you must have to give examination of the second year only. You do no have to write first year examination of MCA. So do not worry about it.
15th July 2017, 12:15 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For lateral entry admission in MCA, you need to have a PG diploma qualification in the same stream. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

Hence, you should keep track of KIIT entrance exam for MCA admission and apply according to it.
15th July 2017, 12:56 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

A candidate who have passed Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application/BCA/B.Sc Computer Science/B.Sc Information Technology/B.Tech CS course with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks form a recognized university is eligible to get direct admission in second year of MCA course.
After getting lateral entry admission to direct 2nd year of MCA course, you only have to give 2nd year examination after passing in it you will be able to give 3rd year examination in next year.
15th July 2017, 12:56 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have applied MCA lateral entry in KIIT. I want to know that, if I take admission in 2nd year of MCA as a lateral entry will also have to give MCA first year exam?
You must completed 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board. You must studied Mathematics as a main subject at 12th standard level.
15th July 2017, 11:41 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Eligibility to join the MCA lateral entry is any degree with Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science / Application of minimum one year duration with mathematics as a subject in 10+2. Candidates are admitted directly to the second year of the MCA course and duration of the course is only two years. For taking admission, candidates have to apply online or offline as per the requirement. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examination. The MCA lateral entry course is available in various colleges in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?