28th September 2014, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

How to get a Master's degree from one of the top universities?

What do I mean by this question:
1 : I want to know what they look for in a candidate ?
2 : IMPORTANT Does it depends on the university from which you've done your graduation (In my case it would be 3 : B.E. Engineering Computer science) ?

Just a bit details about my current situation:
I am looking forward for getting my master's degree in computer science from one of high class top university most of which are in US
Its is kind of an early question I guess because I am not even in any undergraduate program but I will be next year.
So I would need a complete detailed answer, so I can start working in right direction right now.

30th September 2014, 01:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a Master's degree from one of the top universities?

Your answers are:-

1 : I want to know what they look for in a candidate ?
They look at the following points :-
- Scores in the entrance exams- GRE and TOEFL/IELTS
- Your resume (One of the most important parameter of selection)
- Your statement of purpose (Basically why you want to join that institute and pursue that course)

2 : IMPORTANT Does it depends on the university from which you've done your graduation (In my case it would be 3 : B.E. Engineering Computer science) ?

To some extent it depends. This is because the tag which you hold along with you depicts your previous performances and your consistency level. But this is not a big factor of selection. In rare case when there is a deadlock confusion between two students, such parameters are given preference.

You should perform well in your undergraduate course, build a strong resume and score very good marks in the entrance exams.
30th September 2014, 05:45 PM
vijay kallakurichi

Default Re: How to get a Master's degree from one of the top universities?

Sir, I request you to please send
me
the previous 10 years question
papers of
icar jrf exam under plant science
category
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?