21st November 2016, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Tech a good option after B.Tech?

Sir, my self Mohammed Saleem Pasha and I secured 74% in B.Tech. I qualified PGECET and I want to do M.Tech now. I am little bit confused. What course I have to take? My email id:[email protected]

21st November 2016, 10:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Tech a good option after B.Tech?

Yes, as you are a B.Tech holder, so M.Tech is a very good option for you. There are lots of job openings in different sectors for a M.Tech candidate. You can also opt for some job oriented higher course after B.Tech which will lead to a better career. But, as you haven't mentioned the field in which you have completed your B.Tech, so I am unable to provide you the exact courses which you can pursue.
21st November 2016, 11:11 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, obviously if you are keen to opt for higher studies in a particular subject after completion of your B.Tech, you should go for it.

Higher studies and that too M.Tech is always good for one's career. I would therefore, suggest you to go for it and try to score well in GATE examination to get admission in any good university to continue with your studies further.
22nd November 2016, 04:25 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my self Mohammed Saleem Pasha and I secured 74% in B.Tech. I qualified PGECET and I want to do M.Tech now. I am little bit confused. What course I have to take? My email id:[email protected]

The decision totally depends on the individual. If you are technically strong and wish to contribute something to the subject, then do M.Tech and then do research in the same subject. But over 80% of engineering graduates goes for jobs. Only 12% of engineering graduates do M.Tech. The MBA is also one of the other options available after B.Tech. The job market for engineers is not so great. If you wish to pursue your career in teaching profession then you can choose M.Tech. The course from any one of the good institutions will be good.
22nd November 2016, 04:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you haven't qualified GATE, then M.Tech will not be a good option because it will an expensive course due to absence of stipend. If you get admission in M.Tech through GATE, then you get stipend every month for years of the course plus you get admission in top engineering colleges.

Hence, it will not be a good option, but if you are interested in becoming a lecturer in engineering college, then doing M.Tech from any recognized college will be good provided you end up with a decent lecturer job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?