13th December 2017, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better, MSc food technology or petroleum technology?

I have done B.Sc chemistry. I am confused between MSc food technology and petroleum technology. Please help me out, which one is best.

14th December 2017, 09:42 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one is better, MSc food technology or petroleum technology?

Well it depends upon you, which stream you want to pursue. Both MSc food technology
and petroleum technology are good fields and have their own standards. So, don't waste your time in comparing them. Just choose a field in which you are interested the most and then go for that. If you feel any of the field interesting then just go for that. It would be better if your listen your mind and not others, because it's you who have to study and understand and not others.
14th December 2017, 11:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, both the above mentioned courses are very much demanded now a days with a wide scope in the upcoming future. Pursuing any of the above mentioned Masters degree course will be a better choice for an aspirant. So, I would suggest you to opt for the course in which you are interested more and want to study to enhance your career.
15th December 2017, 02:17 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that every subject is better in itself and it is not possible to decide that which one is best.
That is why it depends on you that what is your desire and you want to pursue from which subject either from Food Technology or from petroleum Technology. You have to decide that in which subject you are interested. But according to me you should go for Master’s in Food Technology as because it has various opportunities.

Some of the job opportunities are as follows:-
Food Manufacturing and processing
FMCG
Dairy Firms
Pharma-biotech
Agro-Biotech
Poultry firms
Breweries
Retailers
Healthcare
Food Packaging
Academia and Research Institutes
Dietician
Nutritionist
Animal Nutritionist
Diet and Fitness Counselor
15th December 2017, 05:04 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Both these Food Technology and Petroleum Technology streams has their own scope after completion of studies.

You may even find good number of job as well as career opportunities in both these fields. Although both has equivalent career opportunities, I would suggest you to go with Food Technology course after completion of B.Sc in Chemistry rather than Petroleum Technology course.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned Food Technology course between the two and you may successfully find job opportunities in Food Technology background industries.

But I suggest you to analyse yourself based on the skills that you have and your interests. Some of the Food Technology organizations that recruit candidates are, Food Corporation of India, Nestle, Tata, Usher Agro, MTR Food, Britannia and Priya Foods..etc.,
15th December 2017, 08:44 PM
rachamallamanoj

It will depend on your interest to do the course.

The eligibility is
1. You must complete b.sc from a recognized university
2. You must have at least 60% marks in graduation
3. There is no upper age limit.

To get admission you must pass the entrance exam conducted by the university after graduation or being in the final year of graduation
After M.Sc food technology you can get job as

Dietician
Food Technologist
Product/Process Development Scientist
Technical Brewer
Production Manager
Purchasing Manager
Retail Buyer
Quality Assurance Manager
Laboratory Supervisor
Food Packaging Manager

After completing M.Sc petroleum technology you can get job as

Petrol pump manager
Application engineer
Instrumentation engineer
Planning engineer
Customer support manager
Project manager
Network and hardware manager
Chemical engineer
Lead process engineer
Testing and commissioning engineer
Lecturer, professor and home tutor
Customer service engineer
Sales and marketing engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?