13th December 2017, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Teaching or not after B.Ed?

Hello, myself Satyendra Singh. I just cleared B.Ed exam with first division and I got 53% in high school and 54% in inter school. So, please tell me Sir, that I am eligible for teaching or not?

15th December 2017, 09:41 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Teaching or not after B.Ed?

You are eligible for Teaching after completion of Bachelor's degree in Education.

Now, you have to apply for teaching entrance examination which is conducted by State Government for recruitment of teachers in primary and secondary schools.

B.Ed just makes you eligible for becoming teacher but unless you clear recruitment exam, you can not become teacher.
15th December 2017, 02:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed B.Ed then, you are eligible to become a government school teacher. You can also apply for private school teacher.
To become a government school teacher you have to clear some of the entrance exams like-
CTET
TET
BTET
UPTET

The most important thing is that there is no any upper age limit required to apply for this exam.
15th December 2017, 03:46 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Definitely yes. You are eligible for teaching after completing B.Ed. But after B.Ed you have to apply for some examinations to get a job of government teachers job just like TET, CTET.

CTET is a central level examination for Teaching and TET is state level examination for Teaching.
15th December 2017, 04:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, myself Satyendra Singh. I just cleared B.Ed exam with first division and I got 53% in high school and 54% in inter school. So, please tell me Sir, that I am eligible for teaching or not?

Yes, you are eligible for teaching profession after completion of B.Ed course. You can apply for teacher post in schools after completion of B.Ed. Candidates are selected for the teacher post in schools through the interview. Some schools conduct an entrance test for the selection. For government school teacher posts, separate examination is conducted by the state government and central government like CTET, TET, etc. Therefore, you are eligible for teacher post after completion of B.Ed. You can also work in private schools, coaching centers, private tuition, educational department, publishing houses, BPOs, etc.
15th December 2017, 04:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education degree course and same is professional degree course required by those who are interested in making their career as a teacher in secondary and higher secondary school.

Further for pursuing B.Ed degree course one is required to have completed his/her graduation degree course with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for being a teacher after completing your B.Ed degree course then I would like to let you know that you are eligible only if you have completed your degree course from a recognized university for which you are required to have completed of your bachelor degree course before pursuing B.Ed degree course.
15th December 2017, 05:30 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

The objective of Bachelor of Education course is to make you eligible for teaching. But you can not directly become teacher after completion of this course.

This is a qualification which is necessary to become teacher. You should clear CTET, STET to become teacher in government schools.
15th December 2017, 05:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

All candidates who complete Bachelor of Education course are eligible for teaching in government schools.

But merely completing B.Ed course will not make you teacher and now you will have to crack teaching aptitude test which is conducted by both state and central government for selection of teacher in government schools.

Your performance in these tests will decide whether you will become teacher or not.
15th December 2017, 06:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you have completed your B.Ed course then you are eligible to appear in CTET as well as STET examination.

Candidates after qualifying in entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

CTET examination is conducted by CBSE twice in a year. There is no age limit to appear in examination.

For CTET examination notification visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th December 2017, 06:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for teaching job after completing your Bachelor of Education 2 years duration course. But let me tell you that you have to qualify the Teacher Eligibility Entrance Test in order to apply for job in government school.
And in private schools you can apply on the basis of your degree and bachelor of education course.
15th December 2017, 07:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Teaching after completion of Bachelor of Education course.

The teacher recruitment entrance exams are:

1. Teacher Eligibility test.

2. Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

3. State Teacher Eligibility Test.

You can apply any of the above exams to become teacher in government schools.
15th December 2017, 07:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) is conducted by CBSE for recruitment as Central government school but to get recruitment in State government school you have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by respective state.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination to get admission in the course. The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have completed bachelor degree and possess a bachelor or diploma in education degree.
15th December 2017, 08:16 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for teachers job after completing B.ED (Bachelors of Education). You can apply for teacher job in employment areas like Schools, Education departments, Coaching centres, Home and private tuition etc.
  • To get government teaching job you must have to appear in TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) which is conducted by government organizations to recruit eligible candidates for teaching purposes in government educational institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?