2nd February 2016, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it permissible to do M.Tech at an age of 28 years?

I completed b.tech ece in 2011. Now I want to do mtech from reputed institutes in India. I don't want to go abroad for studies or job. Should I go for mtech as I would turn 30 by minimum while I'd complete masters.

4th February 2016, 04:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it permissible to do M.Tech at an age of 28 years?

For M.Tech there isn't any upper age limit specified by most of the universities. Therefore, you shouldn't be worried about your age at this time.

Try to qualify GATE in your stream which will help you to get stipend during your M.Tech plus a good college to study for your future.
4th February 2016, 05:22 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you can go for Master of Technology course. The admission to top institutes of India for M.Tech is done on basis of rank secured by a candidate in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE is conducted by IIT or IISC ever year. There is no limit on number of attempts or upper age limit to appear for this exam. So, you can apply for next year GATE exam and crack it to get admission in your desired college.

GATE qualified candidates are also given stipend of Rs 12,800 for pursuing Master of Technology course.
4th February 2016, 06:39 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Yes, definitely you can pursue post graduation at an age of 28 years. There is no maximum age limit for pursuing the post graduation.

>>You have completed your B.Tech course and want to pursue M.Tech from reputed colleges. The admission in reputed colleges such as IISc, IIT’s or NIT’s is through GATE exam.

>>So you have to firstly prepare well for the GATE exam and try to score more marks in this exam. The GATE 2016 exam has over. So you can fill the form of GATE 2017 whose notification is published in the month of October 2016. In the meanwhile you can start your preparation. For preparation you have to focus more on core subjects and also you can join a good test series to evaluate your preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?