18th January 2011, 11:55 PM
galfar almisnad

Age criteria for IES exam is between 21-30 years? Minimum cutoff marks for the exam?

Dear Sir,
Age criteria for IES exam is between 21 -30 years its ok. But my question is how many time we can attempts for this exam within this age .
In IAS exam permissible attempt is only 4, is their any rule like this for IES exam & is their any minimum cut oof mark for this exam.

plse give reply for the above , My e-mail ID [email protected]

4th August 2011, 04:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria for IES exam is between 21-30 years? Minimum cutoff marks for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galfar almisnad View Post
Dear Sir,
Age criteria for IES exam is between 21 -30 years its ok. But my question is how many time we can attempts for this exam within this age .
In IAS exam permissible attempt is only 4, is their any rule like this for IES exam & is their any minimum cut oof mark for this exam.

About IES Examination -

IES Stands for Engineering Services Examination any To apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years and you must have Pursuing your Engineering degree from a recognised University.

So, If your age Should between 21 to 30 Years, then you can appear the IES Examination Number of Times, The examination was Held One time in a year.

Number of Attempts Restriction are only applicable in Civil Services examination and IFS Examination and There is no restriction on number of attempts in any other Examination conducted by the Commission.

>> So, If you have completed your Graduate Engineering Degree, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, The examination was Held Every Year in the Month of May and the Notification was Published in the month of January every year in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official Website.

So, There is No Restrictions in Number of Attempts in IES Examination Only age Limitations are applicable in IES Examination.

And If you also Need the Cutt Off Marks of IES Examination, Then please dont Worry Here I Am Providing you the Cutt Off Marks of IES Examination, So please check The Given Cutt Offs of IES Examination.

IES Examination Cutt Offs -

4th August 2011, 05:01 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria for IES exam is between 21-30 years? Minimum cutoff marks for the exam?

hi dear
after complete your degree graduation then you eligible for
IES exam.
but there is no restriction to give the exam.
but you go for any time or age you want .

cutt off marks is varied yer to year...........
4th August 2011, 05:16 PM
rana2011
Banned

IES Stands for" Engineering Services Examination" any to apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years and you must have Pursuing your Engineering degree from a recognised University.

If are touch 21 years and less than 30 Years, then you can appear the IES Examination.
And also for IES you have to completed your Graduate Engineering Degree, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

The examination was Held One time in a year.The examination was Held Every Year in the Month of May and the Notification was Published in the month of January every year in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official Website.

And There is no restriction on number of attempts.

Best of luck!
6th August 2011, 09:04 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, the age limit for IES is 21-30 yrs with age relaxation for reserved categories.
And you should have completed your Btech in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering only.
Selection depends on written exam & interview, so there is no fixed cut off, selection is based on merit only.
28th September 2011, 06:51 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

" Engineering Services Examination"
the age limit for this exam is 21-30. but also there are 5& 3 years relaxations for SC\ST & OBC candidates.
this exam is conducted by UPSC every years.
The examination was Held One time in a year.The examination was Held Every Year in the Month of May and the Notification was Published in the month of January every year in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official Website.

attempts--
4 for general candidates
7 for OBC
no such restriction for SC\ST candidates.
11th October 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for IES exam , is there any coaching institute??
12th October 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

when will apply for ies exam 2012? how to apply?
13th October 2011, 01:14 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Age criteria for IES exam is between 21-30 years? Minimum cutoff marks for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galfar almisnad View Post
Dear Sir,

Eligibility Criteria for IES

In order to appear for the IES (Indian Engineering Service) exam..you need to fulfill the following criterion :-

1) You should be a B.Tech degree holder or in the final year of your B.Tech in the following streams only :-

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
15th October 2011, 03:07 PM
arun.potturu

The IES exam is conducted by UPSC services.The maximum age limit is 21 to 30 years.
1.Maximum 30 years for general category.
2.Maximum 33 years for OBC category.
3.Maximum 35 years for sc/st category.
LIMIT CRITERIA:
1.For general category 4 attempts.
2.For OBC category 7 attempts.
3.For SC AND ST category no limit.
8th November 2011, 12:07 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

IES Eligibility :

1. Your age should be between 21- 30 years.

2. 3 and 5 years relaxation is given to the OBC, and SC/ST category.

3. You have to be a graduate in Engineering/B.E/B-Tech / Architecture to apply for the IES.

And you can take as many nos. of attempts you want, within that age limit.

And minimum cut off marks is usually ranging from 400-500 marks for the General Category.

All the best.
30th December 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

agecriteria for defence personnel/ex-service man
25th January 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

i am studying be 2nd EEE.what i do to write ies exam in final
year
25th January 2012, 08:04 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

IES entrance test or Indian Engineering Services entrance exam is designed for recruitment of engineers in government services.

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

1) Age Limit:- 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination.

2) Educational Qualifications:-
Applicable for the engineering graduates who have already completed or who are in last year. but last year students are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree.

IES Exam Selection Procedure:-

1) Written Exam:- Consist of 5 papers of 200 marks each.

2) Personality Interview: who have qualified in written test will be called for personal interview where their personality will be judged, the personality interview will be of 200 marks.

For more info visit UPSC website :- www.upsc.gov.in.
25th February 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

hello , my date of birth is 06-08-1991 am i eligible for IES 2012 ?
7th April 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

hello , my date of birth is 21-01-1991 am i eligible for IES 2012 ? and i m belongs from the sc cast.
4th November 2012, 06:11 PM
kkbkrishnan

Dear sir,
when did the IES exams conducted and which book is reference to the exam sir?

send me the answers for the above to [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?