5th July 2011, 10:21 AM
ruksana choudhary

How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

Its my dream 2 clear IAS exam in 1st attempt.I also have ST category.cud u plz guide me correctly dat how cud i do it in 1st attempt as i mentioned above bcoz i don't want 2 take any risk regarding this.plz plz plz plz help me

Related Questions:
  1. What things should I do to clear my IAS or IES Exam in first attempt pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering from IIT-Delhi?
  2. What should I do to clear IAS and IES Exams in first attempt?
  3. Will I get extra attempt in IAS exam? I am a general candidate and got married with a OBC man. What would be my category now?
  4. Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?
  5. What is the fee structure to get IPS coaching in Delhi?
  6. How to become a DC after passing graduation?
  7. How to crack civil services exam in 1st attempt?
  8. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  9. Which book should I follow to clear IAS exam?
  10. Which books to read to clear IAS exam while doing B.A?
  11. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  12. Whether a candidate will be called for direct interview if failed at 1st attempt but qualifies in entrance exam?
  13. Which graduation course I can opt for while doing CA? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced having Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Hindi in 12th CBSE?
  15. How to clear IAS exam and what strategies should be adopted? what are the requirements for IAS exam after B.Com (Hons)?
  16. How many attempts are provided to clear IAS exam?
  17. If I failed 12th during my 1st attempt for IIT JEE then will my 2nd attempt be considered as the 1st?
  18. How to prepare for the GATE and other public sector exams? so I could clear in 1st at -- [Most Discussed]
6th July 2011, 12:14 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruksana choudhary View Post
Its my dream 2 clear IAS exam in 1st attempt.I also have ST category.cud u plz guide me correctly dat how cud i do it in 1st attempt as i mentioned above bcoz i don't want 2 take any risk regarding this.plz plz plz plz help me
It is very good to hear that you are seriously trying for Civil Service job .
Yeah it is true that IAS Entrance exam is not that easy as we expect. For that reason only many of the professional takes more than one attempt to clear the way to IAS

It's not a crime to do like that the only reason many of them want to clear it off in first attempt is because they can save one full year for their service.

Making into your dream right away in the first attempt is no doubt a very tough task.

But many of them did it in their first attempt. For example you can take last year topper A jammu Kashmir Doc he is amazingly cleared right away in his first attempt

You have to take him as inspiration.

Now your chances of getting your target in First attempt depends totally on your IQ level and Concentration power, Will power.

If you seriously try with good Will power then definitely you can get that in First attempt.

Concentrating on one day and taking rest for other 3 days is mere waste.So whatever plan you make stick with that make sufficient planning and follow with punctuality

Cover all the topics without leaving anything pending ok
If you not sure about your capability then assess and grow yourself for knowledge with the help of Some coaching Institutes.

Don't hesitate to take coaching because you will get immense benefits from an Institute in terms of Knowledge, Competition for the exam. etc.,

In this way build your self in all the ways
All the best
Regards

~AdityA~
6th July 2011, 01:06 PM
kritika kaushik
Junior Member+

Post Re: How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

Quote:
Wow its great that you have a dream like this likke a civil service job good.
Age limits:21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain other categories).
Number of permissible attempts:The number of permissible attempts is seven for OBC's and no limit for SC/ST's.
Fee:There is no fee for SC/ST's.
Now if you have to clear the exam in first attempt then you should concentrate mainly on reasoning and aptitude.You should have a strong mathematics and a strong IQ and a good sense of humur.
So,you need a lot of practice to clear the ias exam and concentrate on two things i.e,reasoning and aptitute.
All the best.....thanks a lot
6th July 2011, 01:33 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

hi dear

your Confidence is a key factor.
if you such type of confidence then you crack this exam easily

another key factor is you are SC candidate then your cut off is lower than others.

first you prepare well and coaching for IAS exam in

good place

then you crack this........

GOOD LUCK........
6th July 2011, 01:57 PM
vandana.12

Thumbs up Re: How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

Quote:
Hi Ruksana,

I am very glad to know that you want to compete UPSC exam in your 1st attempt.

You are a girl with spirit just keep it up dear.

As we all know its not very easy but also not impossible.If you have determined to clear it then you can definetly do it.

First you should plan in your mind how much time you can give to your study.And then divide it according to your no. of subjects.

you can take help of coaching centers which helps in preparing for UPSC exams.

You can also read the biography of those who manage to compete the IAS exams in 1st attempt for inspiration.

Never leave anything on tomorrow.

Solve the previous years question papers in extra time.

You should do group study with your friends preparing for this.

Just keep your will power strong and go for it with sincerity.Don't look behind and make India proud on women.

GOOD LUCK....for your future
6th July 2011, 02:48 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
dear the most important thing that you to stick to is DETERMINATION TO DO
since you know that the exam is very difficult but if you cent percent determined to do a task then you'll probably do that...........
i'll give you some tips
how to prepare for General Studies(GS) paper. if one wants to have command over GS, then he has to prepare 8 major area i.e.
History
Geography
Polity
Science
Economy
Mental Abiltiy
Current Affairs
General Knowledge.
For all the above topics, best way to start is from Basics i.e. NCERT Books of Class 6th to Class 12th.
For History - NCERT + Spectrums Modern India
Geography - NCERT + GoCheng leong + a good atlas like orient longman/oxford.
Polity - NCERT + any good guide book like laxmikanth's indian polity/ Jojo mathews's Indian constitution and polity.
Science - i think Ncert class 6th to class 12th is more than enough.
Economy - NCERT class 11th and 12th + pratiyogita darpan's special issue on indian economy + Read and make notes of newspaper about current economy.
Mental Ability - R.s.Agarwal.
Current Affairs - one has to be thorough with newspaper readings of atleast one year back from the date of exam.
General Knowledge - India year book + Manorama year book or Chronicle year book.

if one is thorough with the above topics from the above materials, then he/she will definitely crack this exam easily.
so good luck to you ....
i hope with these tips in mind you will surely crack the exam....
all the best
6th July 2011, 03:38 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi,
IAS exam is not an easy one,But there are candidates who crack it at first go. For this you need to be focused and concentrate on your preparation.You need to have good knowledge about current affairs,history,geography,politics,sports etc.You need to have thorough practice in solving previous years papers.
Follow the daily news,get proper training through some reputed institutes to make you conversed with the pattern of examination.

Best Wishes...
6th July 2011, 03:45 PM
digvijaygarg

Dear Ruksana
It all depends on your preparation how well you are prepared and how seriously you want to achieve your aim
There's nothing like hard work..its the key to success..there are no shortcuts to achieve success
Have self confidence that you can do it
Select subjects which you think are comfortable and you can score well in..
Good Luck
6th July 2011, 03:55 PM
rana2011
Banned

Though IAS Entrance exam is not that easy as we expect but reason only many of the professional takes more than one attempt to clear the way to IAS.

Making your dream right away in the first attempt is no doubt a very tough task.

Cover all the topics without leaving anything pending ,If you not sure about your capability then assess and grow yourself for knowledge with the help of Some coaching Institutes.

Don't hesitate to take coaching because you will get immense benefits from an Institute in terms of Knowledge, Competition for the exam.

In this way build your self in all the ways .

Thank you! Best of luck.
6th July 2011, 04:22 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

Quote:
Hello Ruksana,

You are capable of clearing IAS exam in very first attempt, but this requires a lot of hardwork, determination and strict planning.

First of all you should prepare a time table for your preparation and strictly adhere to it. The time table is entirely your choice on when to study and how much to study. But I suggest you to study at least 5hrs a day.

The following are the things you should read..
National Daiy Newspaper, i.e. Either Times Of India, hindustan Times or The hindu
Competition Succss Review
Frontline
22nd October 2011, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

how could i clear IAS in 1st attempt being a candidate of SC category?
22nd February 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i prsuing B.tech in 2nd year few days ageo i saw D.C,s car it is so good &it going to becom my dream sir can u tell me what is my sylabus &what are the mathod to slect sylabus
i am in electrical engg
9th March 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobeshpal View Post
hi dear

your Confidence is a key factor.
if you such type of confidence then you crack this exam easily

another key factor is you are SC candidate then your cut off is lower than others.

first you prepare well and coaching for IAS exam in

good place

then you crack this........

GOOD LUCK........
good luck.............
13th March 2012, 10:16 AM
jobsick

Making into your dream right away in the first attempt is no doubt a very tough task.

But many of them did it in their first attempt. For example you can take last year topper A jammu Kashmir Doc he is amazingly cleared right away in his first attempt

Now your chances of getting your target in First attempt depends totally on your IQ level and Concentration power, Will power.

If you seriously try with good Will power then definitely you can get that in First attempt.

Concentrating on one day and taking rest for other 3 days is mere waste.So whatever plan you make stick with that make sufficient planning and follow with punctuality.
13th May 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

how much marks are require in 12th and in graduation.,.,for appering in this exam?
9th November 2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

my age is 27 in general categary .......sir kya mujhe abhi se preparation start karna chahiye..plz suggest me!!!!!
i just want to be ias
am doind hard work....
my death of birth o6 october 1985
plz plz plz suggest just now so that m continuing full confidently justify for my study!!!!! sonali agrawal
23rd June 2013, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

I am at the age of 28 now&from st category now iam thinking abt IAS. i am avg guy but i just want to utilize that st resevation. so pls help me in that, will it be good idea or not?
23rd June 2013, 01:26 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

hello friend

Concentrating on one day and taking rest for other 3 days is mere waste.So whatever plan you make stick with that make sufficient planning and follow with punctuality

Cover all the topics without leaving anything pending ok
If you not sure about your capability then assess and grow yourself for knowledge with the help of Some coaching Institutes.

Don't hesitate to take coaching because you will get immense benefits from an Institute in terms of Knowledge, Competition for the exam. etc.,

In this way build your self in all the ways

all the best
18th August 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How could I clear IAS Exam in 1st attempt being a candidate of ST category?

Hello, study with basics of ncert 8 to 12 classes, buy standard books seen in clearias.com. I am also st candidate from ap.
18th August 2013, 09:42 PM
4wc ee
Member+

Greetings Friend...

It's very fantastic to learn you will be honestly trying to get Civic System employment.
Yes it's correct that may IAS Entry ways test isn't that hassle-free even as we expect. Consequently just some of the skilled calls for dozens strive to methods to IAS

It is far from a criminal offence to do individuals just one valid reason many desire to it off for 1st strive is because they're able to help save a single 12 month with regard to service.

Preparing right into perfect instantly for the primary strive is not an uncertainty an exceedingly tricky task.

But yet many did it as part of their 1st attempt. Just like most people might take last year dress hat A good jammu Kashmir Medico she's very removed instantly with his 1st attempt

You need to use your ex just as inspiration.

Right now your odds of security alarm systems aim for for To start with strive is dependent completely onto your IQ quality and also Quantity vitality, Should power.

If you ever honestly have a go with by means of fantastic Self-possession in that case unquestionably you can get that may for To start with attempt.

Putting attention in one time of day and also taking relax to get many other three days will be simply waste.So what ever approach you make continue with which will make good enough intending and also comply with by means of punctuality

Insure all of the features devoid of exiting whatever unresolved ok
When you do not of course approximately an individual's functionality in that case check and also develop oneself to get know-how through the help of Several learning Institutes.

Please take learning for the reason that you can receive massive advantages from any Commence in the case of Practical knowledge, Competing firms for any exam. etc.,

Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?