19th July 2016, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study M.Sc Economics after B.Com?

Hello sir, I am studying B.Com and after completion of my course want top study M.Sc Economics. Is it possible to study M.Sc Economics for a B.Com student?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study in economics after passing 12th examination? What is the minimum marks required to study economics honors
  2. Can i pursue MA Economics after B.Com Hons..? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which course is suitable with Company Secretary, BCom or BA Economics Honors or any other course? -- [New]
  4. Can I do M.A economics after B.Com, M.Com in Economics?
  5. What to do after doing Economics(hons)? Should I go for MBA in finance or MSc in applied economics?
  6. Possibility to study Economics Diploma course for BBA(H) student?
  7. What are the contents in Economics Honours of Undergraduate course?
  8. Eligibility to study M.Sc in Economics for B.A.(Economics) student?
  9. Which is better among B.Sc(Economics) and Integrated M.Sc(Economics)?
  10. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  11. Am I eligible to study for MSc Computers after studying B.Com Computer?
  12. Possibility to study Economics Honours for a candidate who has completed 12th without Mathematics?
  13. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Agricultural Economics if completed MBA in Agribusiness Management and M.Sc in Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation?
  14. Can I study M.Sc(Economics) in Symbiosis School of Economics being a B.A.(Economics) Honours student?
  15. Can I study Diploma in Economics along with BCA(H)?
  16. How can I study B.Com with Economics after completing 12th?
  17. Can I study B.A.(Economics) after completing 12th Commerce?
  18. How to study CPT Economics in last 15 days?
21st July 2016, 05:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study M.Sc Economics after B.Com?

I am sorry to say you that you cannot opt M.Sc in Economics after the completion of B.Com. Candidates those who have completed B.Sc in Economics from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks are eligible to opt M.Sc in Economics. You can go for MA in Economics after completing B.Com, as you are eligible for it.
21st July 2016, 07:50 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is very much possible and you are very much eligible for the same.

As per the eligibility criteria for the MSc provided by the UGC :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least.

* The candidate must have studied the subject as a compulsory subject in the graduation in which he wants to pursue MSc. (In your case it is Economics which we study in the BCom)

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the graduation.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 21 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for MSc.
21st July 2016, 11:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to study M.Sc. Economics course after completion of your B.Com course. To be eligible to pursue M.Sc. Economics course, you should have passed B.Sc. degree course with Economics as a subject with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised university. Since, you have not pursued B.Sc. Economics course, being a B.Com holder, you are not eligible to study M.Sc. Economics course.
22nd July 2016, 04:46 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible for the above mentioned course candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized university with preferred subjects such as;

> Economics.

> Mathematics.

> Statistics.

> Physics.

> Commerce, etc.

Therefore, in your case I would like to say that you are very much eligible for the course mentioned above.
22nd July 2016, 02:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying B.Com and after completion of my course want top study M.Sc Economics. Is it possible to study M.Sc Economics for a B.Com student?
You are doing B.Com course, So after completion of B.Com course, you can't do M.Sc in Economics.

Those candidates who have completed B.A/ B.Sc degree in Economics from a recognized University are eligible for M.Sc in Economics.

Your age should be above 17 years.
22nd July 2016, 06:47 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, it is possible to study Master’s Degree in Economics after B.Com. Applicant should have completed a bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business Economics or any specialization in Economics or B.Com or BBA or B.Sc in Mathematics, Statistics or Under Graduate Degree in Management or Corporate Secretaryship or Business Administration can apply to the course. Applicants have to take the written or online test for the admission in some institutions. It is available in many universities like

Madras University - Official Website
IGNOU - Official Website
Madras School of Economics - Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?