21st July 2016, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of masters in English Literature with 47% marks?

I have graduated in Journalism from Delhi University with 63 % marks. Later on I did my Masters in English literature but I have got just 47 % marks in masters from DU. Now, I want to do B.ed. Am i eligble for it ? And what subject can I choose as a school subject for B.ed course? I am a general category candidate and I did not have English in my graduation.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in English literature in India after completion of masters course in Australia?
  3. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  4. Eligibility to appear for NET after scoring 55% marks in masters?
  5. Am I eligible to take up masters in English literature if I have completed MBBS course?
  6. IGNOU Masters in English-American Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English literature after completion of MA in English?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in India after completion of MA English literature long back?
  9. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  10. Top universities in India to pursue Masters in English Literature?
  11. Ph.D in English literature after passing M.A in English with 49%?
  12. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  13. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  14. IGNOU Masters in English-Indian English Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Any university to do Ph.D after doing masters in English Literature?
  16. How to do B.Ed in mass communication after my PG?
  17. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  18. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English -- [Most Discussed]
21st July 2016, 12:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of masters in English Literature with 47% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Ed course. B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is one year duration course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is that the candidate must have passed bachelor or masters degree with minimum 50% from recognised university.

So, you can appear for entrance examination or apply for the admission in university in which the admission is on the basis of merit list.
21st July 2016, 09:06 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of masters in English Literature with 47% marks?

Yes, you are very much eligible to opt for B.Ed course now as the minimum educational requirement in order to apply for B.Ed is that the candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized University and should have scored a a minimum of 50% in aggregate and as you have scored above 50% in your graduation, therefore, you are very much eligible for it.

You can select any subject which you are eligible to opt for and thus can continue with your studies.
21st July 2016, 09:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have graduated in Journalism from Delhi University with 63 % marks. Later on I did my Masters in English literature but I have got just 47 % marks in masters from DU. Now, I want to do B.ed. Am i eligble for it ? And what subject can I choose as a school subject for B.ed course? I am a general category candidate and I did not have English in my graduation.
You have completed graduation degree with above 50%, So you are eligible for B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized University are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
21st July 2016, 11:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue course on basis of bachelor degree qualification. B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is one year duration course.

The eligibility to pursue course is :-

Candidate must have passed degree or master's degree from recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum 50% in degree or master's degree.

So, you can appear for entrance examination in university in which you want to get admission.
21st July 2016, 11:50 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for BEd is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the graduation.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 21 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for BEd.

Since you have less percentage in the graduation, you may find some difficulty but this criteria is not too rigid. You have to find some college or university where they are a bit flexible with the rules.
22nd July 2016, 11:39 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to do B.Ed course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Arts/ Commerce/ Science stream with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised university. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course in Arts/ Commerce/ Science stream, you are not eligible to do B.Ed course.
22nd July 2016, 03:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is one year duration course and now it become compulsory to have the degree to appear for various teacher recruitment examination.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination conducted by state government or other institutional bodies is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university with minimum 50% relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for admission. It is not compulsory to have English in Graduation for admission.
22nd July 2016, 05:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:-

Bachelor's degree or any other equivalent qualification from a recognised University with a minimum of 50%.
And

Below, with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in each of these two subjects.

Or

Master's degree in commerce from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?