22nd October 2016, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

What GATE score is needed to join NTPC?

Sir,I am studying in 3rd year EEE branch. My aim is to get a job in NTPC. What should I achieve in GATE to be a part in NTPC as my whole interest lies in GATE. Please give your valuable tips. I am Sushma.

23rd October 2016, 01:50 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What GATE score is needed to join NTPC?

NTPC recruits engineering candidates every year for the post of executive trainee, so getting a job in NTPC is not that easy. In order to get a job there you must score excellent in the GATE examination. After that if you get shortlisted then you will be called for group discussion followed by personal interview.

NTPC is one the topmost psu at present and to get a job there you must score under 1000 rank in GATE examination. Your score should be 98% and above, so that you come in the list of toppers.

Besides scoring well in GATE examination you also have to perform well in the group discussion as well as the personal interview, so work hard and perform well for the examination.

Best of luck
23rd October 2016, 07:33 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What GATE score is needed to join NTPC?

No one can determine the actual cutoff marks or rank before the result comes out.

it solely depends upon the following factors :

* The demand of the job which is very high in case of NTPC.
* The number of seats available (Very few).
* The number of applications came for the Job (Very high).
* The nature of the exam which varies year to year.

So, I would advice you to work as hard as possible as you are in the 3rd year only by now and get as much score as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?