15th June 2015, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

What stream should i choose after 10th for becoming a Space Scientist?

What stream should i choose after 10th for becoming a Space Scientist?

18th June 2015, 11:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What stream should i choose after 10th for becoming a Space Scientist?

You should choose the branch in which you are interested. However since you are planning for future and aiming at becoming space scientist, so you should choose science as your branch after 10th. Make sure you take the stream if you are comfortable and interested and study properly since space research is tough and challenging field.
19th June 2015, 10:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What stream should i choose after 10th for becoming a Space Scientist?

You should take Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects in your 10+2 to become eligible for a career in space scientist. Hence, opt for this stream in a good school and try to get good marks in the board examination.

You can pursue Graduation in Physics or Astrophysics to become eligible for further study in the same field. For becoming scientist you need to pursue Post Graduation and after that you also have to complete your Ph.D work on a given topic.
19th June 2015, 11:10 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a space scientist, study hard in high school when it comes to math and science.

Recognize that to get to the level of scientist, you most likely will need to earn an advanced college or university degree, often a doctorate You can either go to school until you have completed an advanced degree, or you can obtain your bachelor's degree and work in the field to determine what area of space science you would like to pursue.

Then you can return to school in your chosen area of study and continue trying to become a space scientist.

They design and build rockets, satellites and vehicles to take people into space.

Space scientists work for government space agencies and laboratories.
19th June 2015, 11:25 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

You have chosen the good career. Space scientist is really good ambition for these you have to work hard. Space science is a branch deals with Universe and also with traditional astronomy. To become an space scientist you need to take a science stream with physics in 12th standard. After that you need to complete your bachelor's degree in astronomy and also in Master's. Then you will get chance to work in any organization related to space research companies.
12th September 2019, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose medical science and be a space scientist
1st November 2019, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a space scientist but i will be needing geography also but science stream does not provide geography...what should i do?
4th November 2019, 09:12 AM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become a space scientist but i will be needing geography also but science stream does not provide geography...what should i do?
Geography is not a mandatory subject for becoming a Space Scientist. These are the few things that you should keep in mind while pursuing your dream :

The minimum eligibility required are :
- 10+2 qualification from a recognized educational Board with Physics and Mathematics as two of the main subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.

- A few institutes in India also conduct a Common Entrance Examination for admission to the course wherein admission is based on the candidate’s performance in both the 10+2 examination and the entrance test.
4th November 2019, 09:16 AM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I choose medical science and be a space scientist
Yes, you can choose Medical Science and work in the ISRO or NASA but not as a space scientist. In the space sector, Medical science experts have two main functions:

1. Provide astronauts with clinical support
2. Conduct research on how space affects human health and other living organisms

If you really wanted to work as a Space Scientist then you should choose PCM, and also you have to look for the subjects in which you are interested.
7th August 2020, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Which stream does I take with pcm to go ahead with my carrier of space scientist
7th September 2021, 09:00 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have Science Stream with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard then you are eligible for this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?