2nd July 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Whether 2 years gap in academics will create any issue if cleared HCL and IBM interviews?

hello
I 'm B.Sc student .I passed out 8 YEARS ago.i have two year academic gap??Meanwhile i worked in networking BPO.Now I'm called for openings in IT infrastructure with 1 BPO experience.I cleared interviews in HCL and IBM.Will i have issue in getting the offer due to academic gap?? pls explain

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum gap between two interviews in IBM?
  2. Clearing backlogs after 2 years of graduation will affect opportunities to get jobs?
  3. Am i eligible for job interviews in MCS's as i have a gap of 3 years between my B.Tech and M.Tech ? I hold high percentage throughout my academics
  4. Am I eligible for Infosys? I have scored 72% in 10th, 58.8% in 12th
  5. Placement question papers related to IT companies?
  6. Can I apply for jobs in Wipro and TCS even if I have finished my B.Sc degree in 4 years?
  7. If I have 3 years gap in between BSc and MCA and have done B.Ed course between the gap then can I mention it in my resume?
  8. List of MNC's accepting academic gap of more than 2 years?
  9. What does gap in academics mean? Is it between 10th and 12th or during engineering?
  10. How to prepare for Placement interviews in IT companies like TCS, IBM, HCL or Wipro? How may I get study materials?
  11. Eligibility in comapnies like Infosys, IBM, HCL after 86.6%, 76.6% and 68.3% in 10th, 12th and BE (IT) upto 3rd year?
  12. Should I mention the 3 years gap in my resume?
  13. Am I eligible for HCL campus drive after clearing two backlogs and having more than 60% marks throughout?
  14. Should I mention the 3 year gap of academic in resume during which I did B.Ed course?
  15. For which company am I eligible for if I have 3 years gap in academics and good marks in MSc Software Engineering Degree?
  16. Eligibility criteria of ACCENTURE, IBM, TCS and INFOSYS for B.Tech students? Which one of these IT companies do/don't allow 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech.? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible to apply in big companies like IBM? I've secured 60% marks till B.Tech 2nd year with 3 back logs
  18. How should I get a job after scoring 60% in academics and 3 months training in IBM mainframe?
12th July 2014, 04:01 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Whether 2 years gap in academics will create any issue if cleared HCL and IBM interviews?

No probably not. You won't be having an issue at later stage cause you have already cleared the interview round cause during the interview rounds they will try to find out why you had the study gap and so. If that didn't happen then well and good.

Don't worry on that much now, just wait for the offer letter to be processed and sent to you and if that's taking time you have all rights to ask the HR concern on the reasons. Just send a official mail to the HR first and if they are not responding for that then you can check meeting them in person as well.

It's really good that you have improved yourself by joining initially in BPO and then to the IT sector. Even if HCL and IBM doesn't work out. Just don't wait on there, move on and try out in other companies for sure you will get the best company for you and especially for your hard work done
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?