11th October 2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an Air Hostess with 5 feet 1 inch height?

Hi, my name is Shruti Jaiswal and I want to become an Air Hostess. Am in 12th standard, but after 12th, I will do Air Hostess training. My height is 5 feet 1 inch and my skin complex is fair, but my English is not so fluent. Am I eligible to become an Air Hostess or not. Please I want your opinion?

12th October 2017, 12:13 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an Air Hostess with 5 feet 1 inch height?

I am happy to inform you that you are eligible to become an Air Hostess with 5 feet 1 inch.
There is absolutely no problem if your English is not so fluent, you will be taught and groomed under Air Hostess training institute.
Below I have mentioned eligibility criteria for Air Hostess:
>A candidate must have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidate must not be less than 18 years and more than 25 years.
>Candidate height should not be less than 157.5 cm for female and 163 cm for male.
>Candidate's weight should be in proportionate with height.
>Candidate should be unmarried and must have good personality.
>Candidate must be fluent in English and Hindi language.
>Eye sight of the candidate should be 6/6.
12th October 2017, 11:24 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to become an air hostess. The minimum height required for that is 5 feet and 2 inches. You also have to be fluent in English and Hindi language which is must for all the air hostess. You are lacking behind 1 inch in height and you are also not fluent in English, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to become an air hostess.
12th October 2017, 01:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that according to the minimum eligibility criteria and physical standards a girl candidate must have minimum height of 5 feet 2 inches in order to join air hostess Training School. As you are having 5 feet 1 inch height so you are not eligible to apply for this course. Don't get depressed there are many other courses which you can go for.
12th October 2017, 01:40 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, my name is Shruti Jaiswal and I want to become an Air Hostess. Am in 12th standard, but after 12th, I will do Air Hostess training. My height is 5 feet 1 inch and my skin complex is fair, but my English is not so fluent. Am I eligible to become an Air Hostess or not. Please I want your opinion?

Yes, you are eligible to become an Air Hostess with 5 feet 1 inch height in some Air Lines in India like Spice Jet, Indigo etc. Actually, each airline has different requirements. You have to check the height requirement in the Airline’s website before applying. In some airlines the minimum height required is 5 feet 2 inches. Airlines conduct reach test, candidates have to reach a certain height with their arms extended. If you clear the test, then you are eligible for the Air Hostess post. There are also other requirements needed to become an air hostess apart from height. Your weight should be in proportion to your height. You should speak English and Hindi fluently. You should be fit to fly and should have pleasing personality, good appearance and positive attitude to become an air hostess.
12th October 2017, 02:05 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As per height criteria, you are not eligible for Air Hostess recruitment.

Candidates are required to complete 12th standard or graduation degree from a recognised board or university.

Your age should be below 25 years.

The minimum height required for the candidates is 156 CM.

Your eyesight must be in 6 by 6 without glasses.
12th October 2017, 06:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required for becoming Air Hostess:

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming an Air Hostess.

The minimum height required basically depends upon the concerned Airlines.

>> For Some of the Airlines - 1.57 m (5'2") and Maximum would be 1.90m (6'3")

>> Or else the minimum height would be 150 cms and maximum must not exceed 190 cm

>> So as it varies from airlines to airlines, I suggest you to first check the concerned height criteria before applying.

>> As per my knowledge you are eligible as your height is in between the mentioned height criteria.
12th October 2017, 10:27 PM
ranu shahi

No, you are not eligible for an Air Hostess. Air Hostess post requires height of 5 feet 4 inch minimum or 157.5 in centimetres.

Eligibility criteria for an Air Hostess:-

Mastery in spoken English and other foreign languages as required.
18 - 26 years of age
10+2 with degree in hospitality, or other graduate degree
Height of minimum 157.5 centimetres
Weight proportionate to the height
Eligible for an Indian Passport
Unmarried
Perfect eyesight
Good health
Fair to clear complexion
6/24 vision in each eye
13th October 2017, 02:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Air Hostess course.

Candidates are required to complete the 12th standard or graduation from a recognized board or university. Your age should be below 25 years. Your minimum height should be 156 cms. Your eye sight must be in 6/6 without glasses.
21st May 2019, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Hey here gracy. I have just completed my 12 . I want to become air hostess. My height is 5 feet 1 inch with fair complexion and i am quiet fluent in english. So my question is that can i become air hostess with height of 5 feet 1 inch ???
24th January 2021, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to become an air hostess with height of 5 ft
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?