11th September 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I get software job after 5 years gap from B.Tech?

I passed my 10th in 2006 (87.6%), I passed inter in 2008 (88%), and B.Tech (e.c.e-electronics&communications) in 2012 (65.23%), and then I went to depression and I recovered now. Is it possible to get the best job in software, and I am telling the truth that I am familiar with c, Java but not done any special course of c&java. If software is not possible is there any opportunities for getting government jobs?
Thanking you.

Related Questions:
15th September 2017, 05:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get software job after 5 years gap from B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed my 10th in 2006 (87.6%), I passed inter in 2008 (88%), and B.Tech (e.c.e-electronics&communications) in 2012 (65.23%), and then I went to depression and I recovered now. Is it possible to get the best job in software, and I am telling the truth that I am familiar with c, Java but not done any special course of c&java. If software is not possible is there any opportunities for getting government jobs?
Thanking you.

It is very difficult to get a software job after 5 year gap from B.Tech. You have to recollect your technical skills and prepare well to attend interviews. You have to provide the necessary answers at the time of interview for the gap period, because five years of gap period is very high. You can also do some certification courses and learn trending things in IT. Learning is one of the best way to join a software job after a five years gap. You can start attending interviews in the software companies. You can also join any one of the software course online and keep yourself updated. These are some of the ways to get a job after a five years gap.
15th September 2017, 05:51 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You can try on startup software companies. It may be possible that you will get job in startup​. After having 2 years or more than 2 years of experience you can get a job in good company.

You can apply for government jobs . There is age limit. Your age should not be exceed than 30 years.
15th September 2017, 06:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for software company at any time of your life.

You can apply in campus interview for software job. But after B.Tech you have not so many facility to getting software job. Because after B.Tech most companies require only CSE and IT student for this job.

So on your college level you try for this.
22nd July 2018, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I had 4 and half years of experience in software. After that I was married and now I have 5 to 6 years gap. Can i get a job now
6th February 2019, 05:43 AM
Unregistered

There is always a way to get a job after breaks. 5 year is little long but if you have done certifications recently or if you are really skilled. You can get a job. There are many who had long breaks and are working fine .
12th February 2019, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I have sort of situation same situation but the difference is i have 3 years gap and i am trying to get admission in Mba college. please help. my email id is [email protected]
2nd March 2019, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech(ece) in 2013.
After that i prepare for bank exams. But didn,t get that.
Now it is difficult time for me
Am i fit for software industry without any certification courses.
I have some knowledge about python.
How can i explain 6 years gap to the interviewer?
13th May 2019, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

My btech completed in ece 2013. after that I started prepare for govt competitive exams but still not get any job. Now I wanted to do any private job give suggest which field is better
15th May 2019, 02:46 PM
triptiiet
Senior Member+++++

It is hard to get a software job after 5 year gap from B.Tech. But you can get software job after 5 years gap.
Work on your technical skills and prepare well to attend interviews.

Work to provide the necessary answers at the time of interview for the gap period, because 5 years of gap period is very high.

You can do some certification & Language courses like Java, Dot Net ,PHP etc

You can start attending interviews in the software companies.

You can also join any one of the software course online and keep yourself updated.
21st July 2019, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

I have completed btech in 2013, i was preparing for govt job as well was engaged in a govt organisation as data entry operator, now i wanted to apply for it sector for that i have done php,laravel courses..can i able to enter into IT sector of having gap of 5 years??
13th September 2019, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech in 2015 ECE and i searched for job for 1 year but did not got any core job after that i started preparation for govt. jobs but till date in the year 2019 i have not succeeded. I have 6 month of experience as network engineer in Bharti Airtel but after that my contract with Airtel ended n Aug 2019. I have done CCNA course, i am very much se confused as i want to start my career now. kindly suggest and please enlighten my path.
14th September 2019, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

I have passed Btech in 2014 , I have 2.6 years BPO domestic customer care exp, now i get s/w job or not,
otherwise what i have to do for settle in MNC companies either S/W or BP
8th October 2019, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

I have done my MCA in 2012 and 2 year work in MNC bpo sector but I have no experience because I have abscoun .now I am struggling for job ,it possible that I find job in software
10th October 2019, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I have passed my 10th in 2009 with 73 % 12th in 2011 with 57 % and bsc cs in 2016 with 55% and MSc cs 2019 with 55% .The problem is I have 3 year gap between Bsc cs and MSc cs..so will i be eligible for software company job because of those gaps
3rd November 2019, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I have 6 yrs gap in my career. Is thr any possibility to get software job?
12th November 2019, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

I have 3 years experience in Steel sector and I hv completed my Btech in 2015..But now I want to switch the line core to software please suggest me for this..
9th March 2020, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my graduate(EEE) in 2013 now am having exp of over 6yrs in my core field but now i want to switch my field to IT industry for that the first step taken by me is i started studying AIML course ..pls give me a suggestion that it will going to work or not
26th May 2020, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done my b. Tech then after 2 year I got software job,I worked around 1.6 year and I left my job and now I didn't get any opportunity.. Can i get a software job after 7 month employment gap as well as 2 yr after education gap?
12th October 2021, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in electronics stream with 66% passed out in 2016, Now am interested to do a software job and till now i didn't learn any courses... could u please give a suggestion...what should i do now and how will i go through?
29th November 2021, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can i restart my software career after 5 yrs of gap ?
23rd January 2022, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I get software job after 5 years gap from M.Tech? My age 31 years, please help me?
23rd January 2022, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I get software job after 5 years gap from M. Tech?
My age is 31years, please help me?
19th February 2022, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I get software job after 4 years gap from B. Tech?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?