19th December 2013, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Chances to become Portfolio Manager from Credit Risk Assessment profile from after completing CFA Level-3?

Dear Sir,

Currently, through I am placed in a Credit Risk Assessment profile in Religare. I like that profile to work on but down the line I would like to work on the buy side of the market especially Portfolio Manager.

For that I will also complete CFA Level-3 by next June. Please let me know what chances are there for me to end in to that profile considering my first job is in Risk Assessment.

2nd June 2016, 09:37 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to become Portfolio Manager from Credit Risk Assessment profile from after completing CFA Level-3?

You can definitely switch to your desired profile since you will be completing CFA level-3 in June. However, the switching will not be easy as both are different profiles. Hence you should do the following.

- Try to switch your vertical in the current company and get the desired profile. This is easy as companies allows to do such switch within themselves if the employee is well qualified for it and have good records in company books.

- Try for opportunities outside on the basis of your qualification in the desired profile by uploading your profile in the leading job portals. Also grow your network and try for referrals in other companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?