15th March 2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for placements in Software companies? What should I answer the interviewers when they question me about my low marks in class 12th?

I had scored 83%(ICSE) in my Class 10th. My my work experience ass 12th percentage took a sharp dip and it's 61.8 % as I did not study and I was not keeping well during the exams.
But somehow I have secured a seat in Manipal Institute of Technology (Main Campus), MAHE. I even appeared for jee main where I qualified for giving Advanced.
I won't get admission to any other good University because of my low class 12th marks. I know that most software companies of repute require at least 60 % throughout the entire career of candidates. But there are companies which need more than 70 % as well as 80% throughout.
I will work hard and do just anything to get an CGPA above 8.5 during my B.E.
BUT still, I won't be eligible for other companies. I have a passion for Computers and stuff like that. Are companies like Sapient Nitro, Oracle, Cisco, Airtel, Yahoo, Microsoft out of my reach now? Can I get to them with my work experience and knowledge /skills.
My low class 12th marks is bothering me as they will be occupying a space in my CV later.
What should I answer the interviewers when they question me about my low class 12th marks?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for placements after scoring 58% in 12th? List of companies which will consider only B.E marks?
  2. Job opportunity in DLF for a candidate secured 68%, 59% and 70% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  3. Is it necessary to have 60% marks to sit in companies placement? I've secured 57.16% marks in PU
  4. Is it necessary to have 60% throughout academics to get job in companies? Any companies which dont ask for 10th or 12th marks?
  5. Campus placements with year gaps? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the eligibility criteria of good software companies during recruitment?
  7. Companies which offer placements in software field for B.Tech Biotech students? What is the criteria?
  8. Unable to apply in software companies having less then 60% in B.Sc
  9. Can a Physically disabled candidate get a private job? What kind of jobs are available?
  10. Eligibility for good software jobs with 52% marks in 10th if i do B.Tech (IT)?
  11. Chances to get job in iGATE through on-campus interview if secured 58% in 10th?
  12. Job placements after B.E with less than 60% marks in 12th standard?
  13. Will I get a good job after completing B.Tech CSE with 65+%?
  14. Eligibility criteria to be placed in companies like IBM, Apple Computers, Microsoft, Intel? Am I eligible to attend for the interviews in these companies having secured 70% in 10th, 72% in 12th, 80% in UG and 80% in PG?
  15. What's the eligibility criteria for getting a job as a software engineer in software companies?
  16. What's the eligibility criteria for campus placement? I've secured 56% marks in 12th and qualified in GATE exam
  17. List of IT companies that recruit students having less than 60% marks in 12th?
  18. Cant the 12th marks of 59.8% rounded off to 60%? Names of companies which I should consider?
13th June 2016, 04:45 PM
samsung1992

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for placements in Software companies? What should I answer the interviewers when they question me about my low marks in class 12th?

Fortunately you are lucky that you ended up your 12th result with 61.8%.
As the minimum eligibility criteria for any of the company to be eligible for any of the recruitment drive is 60% and if you are having even 0.1% less than 60% you won't be considered for the recruitment drive.

So, as of now you are eligible. I will suggest you not to repeat the same mistake again. Read and study well and get a good job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?