26th January 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for good software companies

sir,i ve passed 10th with 73% and 12th with 56%,but having less in entrance exam i m not eligible to admit in engg then i got direct second yr admission to polytechnic in IT there i scored 70% and then i move to direct second uear engineering in IT but got DC this yr so the problem is do i m eligble for good companies ....do i satisfies the criteria of good It companies

26th January 2011, 11:47 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for good software companies

most of the leading IT company give their eligibility criterion as student should have minimum of 60% marks throughout the career and they should not have more than two years gap at the time of study.

they allow backlog one or two paper if you are able to clear your backlog before applying for the job.

you have less than 60% marks in your 12th so it may create some problem. but as you have good marks in polytechnic so may be you will be eligible.

but unfortunately if you are unable to be eligible for leading company then do not worry so many company also recruit IT student who have lower marks.

best wishes.
27th January 2011, 12:45 AM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i ve passed 10th with 73% and 12th with 56%,but having less in entrance exam i m not eligible to admit in engg then i got direct second yr admission to polytechnic in IT there i scored 70% and then i move to direct second uear engineering in IT but got DC this yr so the problem is do i m eligble for good companies ....do i satisfies the criteria of good It companies
hello

don't worry about your past or your current marks

because the marks are only the gateway for you to the interview

but be careful about that you have to score that much marks such that that you woulds be eligible to sit in the interview ........

and don't worry about anything......

best of luck ...........

Thank You ..............
27th January 2011, 02:03 AM
akki89

Quote:
Dear friend,

As far as software companies are concerned, they look for the students who
are good at programming and coding but still if they come in college campus
for the recruitment process they will display their eligibility criteria they want
to put on the students whom they want to select from. Most of them generally ask for throughout 60% your academic career.

If you didn't get selected in the campus interview process don't get embarrassed as there are other ways you can apply for the software companies.
Software companies generally put advertisement in different employment
newspapers and call for the resume of interested candidates. There you can get a lead over the other applicants if you have a good command over different programming languages like C and C++. Furthermore knowing Data management languages like Oracle and SQL ,Data structure and networking skills will help you in achieving your goals.

Also you will get the preference over your competitors if you also have
command over different designing and coding languages such as JAVA , HTML
, python, .net , etc.

Best of luck
Regards!!!
27th January 2011, 05:19 AM
Renuka PRASAD

since i am participating in company placements now in my college i can answer this question to u.........
now minimum they are asking above 60% in 10th,12th , and degree...
since u have 56% in 12th ,it will b difficult for u,
so better do some good courses,which will help u to increase ur abilities so that u may qualify for the software companies....
all the best:-)
27th January 2011, 07:31 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
IT companies have their own criteria of eligiblity but most of them ask for 60% in 10 th and 12 th and 65% in Graduation.

but some companies neglect 10 and 12 th percentage and look only graduation percentage.
As your graduation percentages are good so no need to wory.
27th January 2011, 08:39 PM
diego
Banned

Good sofware companies like infosys TCS etc ask for 60% score in academics throughout 10th,12th, and graduation... your 56% in 12th will be a problem, still there are companies which have lower requirements... one good thing i can tell you is that for experienced people lateral placements are possible where only major qualification is workex... so don't worry take workex in some company and with 2-3 years of workex you can join company of you choice... cheer up buddy
wishes
diego
1st February 2011, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

i am currently doing b.c.a in madras univ till 5th sem i got 75% and i got more than 60% in 10th and 12th.. will i get placed in a Good software companies like infosys? and i am planning to do mca in anna university afli college.what kind if certified course should i do to get placed wit out difficulties??
1st February 2011, 11:36 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

hello,

The eligibility criteria for opting a job in good software companies are minimum of 60% in your 10th,12th and your degree but in your case since your i12th marks doesn't meet the criteria as per their expectation.Don't worry you have done well in polytechnic so they might allow you to apply for the job or you can even do some vocational courses on IT based which will be a supporting document for you to get a job.Even if they don't also there are lots of companies who does not ask for any criteria.So don't worry,every thing will be fine at times after all we learn through mistakes.Failures are the pillars to success,therefore every thing will be fine.

Good Luck.
3rd February 2011, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir...this is saddam from vizag im doing my mca final year right now and i have very poor percentage in my class 12th and in graduation..my percentage criteria is in 10th 84% and in 12th 58% and in graduation i have 59% and coming to my MCA i have 76%...sir please suggest me to which companies do i eligible to [email protected]
7th February 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am the student of MCA vi sem. and i got 72% in 10th, 66% in 12th and in MCA i got 68% marks but my gradution percentage is 58.6% so i face the difficulties toappear in the campus. so can you send me the name of IT & software companies which dont follow the criteria or less then 60% criteria..................
8th February 2011, 05:02 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello friend

Most of the good software companies demand 60% aggregate marks of a candidate through out his career.Also you should not have any backlog otherwise they'll reject you.

Best of luck...
8th February 2011, 06:26 PM
Ankur agrawal

just a single problem with u u have less score in 12th but so some time u phase criteria problem but it not a high matter in ur carrier to work hard and get good marks in ur engg. ,In future u r a part of a big organization
15th February 2011, 06:27 PM
aryabhatta

the eligibility criteria is

1: 60 % aggregate in B.Tech

2: no current back logs

3: 60% in 10 & 12th level

4: good communication skills

5: good aptitude
16th February 2011, 01:18 AM
sonumitra

u have to score naer about 75% in all the exams like secondary,higher secondary and in btech 75 percentile of marks
2nd March 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

dear sir my name is prasad i havefinished my 10th and12th with 55% and joined engineering in karnataka but i couldnt complete it in the speculated time i still have backlogs but my programming in excellent i have finished the following certifications

* Sun Certified Java Associate
* Sun Certified Java Programmer
* Sun Certified Java Developer

# Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)

* Sun Certified Web Component Developer
* Sun Certified Business Component Developer
and Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) DBA 11g Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA 11g
i want to know sir can i still get a job in any software company
5th March 2011, 01:41 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria for good software companies

Quote:
dear sir my name is prasad i havefinished my 10th and12th with 55% and joined engineering in karnataka but i couldnt complete it in the speculated time i still have backlogs but my programming in excellent i have finished the following certifications

* Sun Certified Java Associate
* Sun Certified Java Programmer
* Sun Certified Java Developer

# Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)

* Sun Certified Web Component Developer
* Sun Certified Business Component Developer
and Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) DBA 11g Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA 11g
i want to know sir can i still get a job in any software company
hello friend....

Sure you will get a job in a software company... there are lot of companies which sees only the performance but not your marks but just try to clear all your papers and look to that you get the degree certificate in hand and then apply for some small software companies and just potray your resume with all the skills you have earned in college am sure any small company cause you are well versed in both JAVA and Database.... then after gaining some experience in small companies then jump into some big companies where in you can set your future...

hope the info. helps... All the Best...
15th March 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

hii

is it possible to try software cmpy after 3yrs of gap???
29th March 2011, 05:47 AM
Unregistered

how to find eligibility of sun microsystem,microsoft
14th April 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

can i take computer engineering after plus two ? i did my plus two in commerce
22nd April 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got above 60% in 10 and degree but i have only 55% in 2 will you join a good company
27th April 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I have 65% in 10th and 49% in 12th .
i have 70% average marks in b.tech.
please suggest me the companies which are suitable for me>
1st May 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 43 % in 10th 71% in 12th and 61% in btech(upto7th semester) . i have got 93 percentille in gate exam and have good aptitude . is there any chance for me in good software company.......
9th May 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

sir
my cg in b.tech 1 yr is 57 , what will be my future ,pl tell me will i get the job
thanks
17th May 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Which university is best for the MCA in Rajasthan.
30th June 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 47% in 10th,52% in 12th, 64% in BCA and 70% in MCA(upto 3rd sem).for which company i can eligible for programming in IT firm
1st July 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i passed 10th by 59% 12th 65% and b.tech 64.4% is there any chance for me to get a job?
also i know c,java ,html, and .net<c#>.. but not the master in these languages. any suggestion for me? please send me..
4th July 2011, 05:25 PM
amisha rath

hey friend there is compulsory requirment of above 60% or equivalent in throghout academics including 10,12th,no backs,good knowledge about languages,superb personality,
fluency in english. best luck
5th July 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i got 75% in 10th and 53% in 12th. after doing BCA and MCA can i get good job??????? like tcs or wipro or cts or infosys or l&t infotech or mahindra satyam???????
6th July 2011, 12:28 AM
naveen7777

Quote:
hello sir
many companies had a criteria of aggregate percentage of 65 during the degree year and has you have achieved good marks in polytechnic and are now doing engineering with IT and i beleave in you that you will definately hit hard on your engineering exam

eligibility
65 % during b.tech
65% during polytech
see marks in 10 and 12 as well

but the company most like in you is your progress and definately appreciate it now only you have to do start preparing for the written test held by the companies during placement time.
Best of luck
6th July 2011, 01:39 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The one of the most important trait that the companies look in candidates during selection process is consistency in academics. Now, from what you have mentioned here it is not clear if you have cleared you engineering degree or not. You have scored a good percentage in your polytechnic course. Your academic credentials are not very satisfactory. So getting a job now in top software companies may be very difficult. But there are lots of other companies which take in average students.
11th July 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

hello,
my name is ganesh. i have been selected for tech mahindra through campus placement. my agregate during selection was 57%. now after my final sem its 59%. will they reject me? because their criteria is 60%.
13th July 2011, 02:20 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,
most of the leading IT company give their eligibility criterion as student should have minimum of 60% marks throughout the career and they should not have more than two years gap at the time of study.

they allow backlog one or two paper if you are able to clear your backlog before applying for the job.

you have less than 60% marks in your 12th so it may create some problem. but as you have good marks in polytechnic so may be you will be eligible.

but unfortunately if you are unable to be eligible for leading company then do not worry so many company also recruit IT student who have lower marks.

thanks
16th July 2011, 12:32 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

many companies had a criteria of aggregate percentage of 65 during the degree year and has you have achieved good marks in polytechnic and are now doing engineering with IT and i beleave in you that you will definately hit hard on your engineering exam

eligibility
65 % during b.tech
you also change companies after gaining some experience in small companies then jump into some big companies where in you can set your future...
19th July 2011, 07:06 PM
sachin6

The minimum eligibility for software companies: you finished your 10th,12th and degree like btech,bsc,bba, bca with 60%marks. You have some computer knowledge and improve your aptitude,attitude and communication skills. All the best.
15th August 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

hello, i got less than 60%in under graduate courses and 70 in b.tech will i get job in it companies
19th August 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

hello i want ask question about software development field, what are programming require in this field c , java, Or both . what are legibility are require
20th August 2011, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

hello,i am persuing b.tech in IT branch,this time i am in 5th sem ,i got 64% in 10th and 54% in 12th and till 4th sem of b.tech i secured 67%,so am i eligible this time to get job in multinational companies like IBM,Apple etc and if not then what should i do to get good job.
20th August 2011, 12:52 PM
amaan khan ak

[QUOTE=Unregistered;341359]sir,i ve passed 10th with 73% and 12th with 56%,but having less in entrance exam i m not eligible to admit in engg then i got direct second yr admission to polytechnic in IT there i scored 70% and then i move to direct second uear engineering in IT but got DC this yr so the problem is do i m eligble for good companies ....do i satisfies the criteria of good It companies[/QUOTE

most of the IT company hava a criteria for giving job.60% abow in 12th was the essential part for them.if nay person have below to 60% then the companies couldnt allow for the job.

and also some IT sector company wants experiance person.so experiance is the main thing that they want.

also some companies take entrence paper for giving job.and after based on your interview,they give the job.

so dont worry u have very good percentage in diploma.try to learn a good language like java,.net.it helps u for your future prefrence.

all the best
22nd August 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

hello sir.. m doing my final year Msc software engineering. i secured 66% in 10th and 55%in 12... and 70% upto my 8th semester. i have good communication skill. so do i have eligibility to get job in good software companies like infosya,tcs,tesco or oracle?
23rd August 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

i scored 59.6% 63% 65% in 10 12 & b.tech if there is any chance for me to get a job in any IT company?
31st August 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

i have 89%in 10th, 92%in 12th,but 5.97 c.g.pa (till sixth semester ) in btech/ece
can i get a job in any IT company or core company.,good at communication skills
know c,c ,matlab...
if i get,list the companies please....can i apply for tcs,ibm
31st August 2011, 08:52 PM
dhruv007

most of the companies have eligibility criteria foe apply for their jobs -

a candidates must have secured minimum 60% in 10th & 12th,

a candidates should have minimum 65% in their B.TECH\B,E.\B SC(ENG.)

back logs are not allowed

max. two years of gaps are allowed.

thank you!!
1st September 2011, 12:32 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,
The good Software Compainies are looking for the student haivng more over
60-65% of through out carrer..
and a few of the good compainies are give chance to students of 55% carrer also....

~~~~~~~~~
2nd September 2011, 07:25 PM
manoj rajpurohit

This is right thing that good companies will not take you if you have marks below from 60% in 12th and B.tech. the eligibility for good software companies are first i have mentioned marks above 60% and then you must good in your communication skills and your attitude.
Your body language would also be good of yours. You should also have good knowledge of some programming language like c, c++, java etc.
4th September 2011, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed 10th with 43%,12th with 61% and now this is my finial year of bca and i score 71% in it and i have good command in language c,c ,java .Is i satisfies the criteria of good It companies.
4th September 2011, 12:04 PM
kelasa

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria for good software companies

I think u try for a good companies . and try to specialize any field such that u get a good job, then you can shift any other job as you like
4th September 2011, 02:08 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Good companies like TCS,Cognizant,IBM they only take freshers and through out 60% cut off marks in 10th,12th and B.Tech,they are not allowed to sit lateral entry students.But Wipro sometimes allows lateral entry students.But do not worry,above mentioned companies also taking experienced professionals.So after completing your B.Tech try to get a job in a small concern/company and gathered experience after 2 years if you apply with your skills then you have the chance to be selected.
4th September 2011, 02:16 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria for good software companies

Quote:
i scored 59.6% 63% 65% in 10 12 & b.tech if there is any chance for me to get a job in any IT company?
Companies like TCS,Cognizant,IBM,wipro they only take freshers whose through out 60% cut off marks in 10th,12th and B.Tech.

MNC companies also taking experienced professionals.So after completing your B.Tech try to get a job in a small company and learn & gathered experience though work.After 2 or 3 years if you apply with your practical skills then you have the chance to be selected.
4th September 2011, 02:20 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria for good software companies

Quote:
i have 89%in 10th, 92%in 12th,but 5.97 c.g.pa (till sixth semester ) in btech/ece
can i get a job in any IT company or core company.,good at communication skills
know c,c ,matlab...
if i get,list the companies please....can i apply for tcs,ibm
Companies like TCS,Cognizant,IBM,wipro they take freshers whose through out 60% cut off marks in 10th,12th and B.Tech.

MNC software companies also taking experienced professionals.So after completing your B.Tech try to get a job in a small company and gathered practical experience after 2 or 3 years if you apply with your practical skills then you have the chance to be selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?