29th January 2016, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for a student to sit in TCS on campus drive?

hello sir, I am Riyaz presently pursuing 7th semester in BTech.Since many days I am confused with different answers from different persons for my query. So now I thought to get it cleared with your answer.Both in Xth and XIIth I have 90% .Now my BTech aggregate till date is 60% ,which TCS considers.In few weeks probably,TCS is coming for a drive in my college.But I have 2 backlogs ,I can clear them by this semester ending.Will TCS consider me for placements as eligible?Some said yes they allow and some other said not possible.Please answer me with vivid points.

30th January 2016, 06:09 PM
january2016

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for a student to sit in TCS on campus drive?

Before going further let me tell you about myself little bit, so that you can trust my statement.
I have been placed in Hexaware, Syntel, Collebra but i am pursuing M.tech because i wanted to study.

Now, coming to your question, yes you are eligible to get into TCS and also you are eligible to sit for the TCS campus placement drive. Many of my friends are working in TCS, so this i came to know from my friends only. If your aggregate academic percentage till the date is 60%then you need not to worry.

If you have got the backlogs till the 5th semester then also it is OK.

You must not have any back during the 7th semester or in 8th semester.
You even must not have nay year log till the date
30th January 2016, 07:25 PM
syntel_india
Member+

Your educational background is too good.
After coming across your issue i found that you have last chance left to improve yourself. Since, you are at risk line.
If you are able to clear all the back in the 7th semsester itself then it will be very helpful to you.
Because after 7th semester your backlog will be considers and you can be in a problem.
So, you need to clear it as soon as possible in the 7th semester itself.
30th January 2016, 08:19 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are about to complete your B.Tech course in just few months. You have very nice percentage in 10th as well as in 12th .But you have 2 backlogs and TCS is coming in your campus for placement drive.

>>The eligibility criteria for campus drive for TCS is that student possess throughout 60% marks in their academics. This condition is fulfilled by you. But the other thing is that student must not contain any standing backlog at the time of placement drive. This condition is not fulfilled by you.

>>So unfortunately you are not eligible for the TCS campus drive. But still you can contact to your Training placement officer (TPO) for this.
30th January 2016, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir, I am Riyaz presently pursuing 7th semester in BTech.Since many days I am confused with different answers from different persons for my query. So now I thought to get it cleared with your answer.Both in Xth and XIIth I have 90% .Now my BTech aggregate till date is 60% ,which TCS considers.In few weeks probably,TCS is coming for a drive in my college.But I have 2 backlogs ,I can clear them by this semester ending.Will TCS consider me for placements as eligible?Some said yes they allow and some other said not possible.Please answer me with vivid points.
You have pending backlog so you are not eligible for TCS recruitment.

TCS is a reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS is,

TCS= 60%

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?