13th December 2015, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

How to become Locomotive Engineer after 12th?

I want to become a Locomotives Engineer after 12th so what to do to become an engineer? I am looking for a quick response from your side. Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.

14th December 2015, 07:46 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to become Locomotive Engineer after 12th?

You need to appear for the JEE Mains and all the other Entrance Examinations that you are eligible to appear.
You need to crack these Entrance Examinations and once you are able to do so you will be able to choose Locomotive Engineering as your course at the time of your counselling.
This is the process that you need to follow to become a Locomotive Engineer after the completion of Class 12.
You need to have PCM in your course to be eligible to appear for the Entrance Examinations of Engineering.
14th December 2015, 11:38 PM
iphone5s

You can go for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering if you can not go directly to Engineering. Because, Diploma passed student can also apply for the post of Locomotive Engineer apart from Bachelors degree Holder students. So, you just have to Enroll yourself in Mechanical and try to keep your Mechanics strong.
13th October 2020, 03:52 AM
Unregistered

Name the institutes that provide locomotive engg.
19th October 2020, 11:34 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

You'll normally need four GCSEs (grades A-C), including English, maths and a science subject. See the GoSkills website for more details about apprenticeships, jobs and training in the rail industry. You must also hold a track safety card before you can work trackside.
After 12th if you want to become a loco pilot (engine driver) in Indian Railways then you require either ITI or diploma in mechanical /electrical/electronic/automobile . If your subjects in 12th were PCM then you have plenty of opportunities in Railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?