20th June 2017, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

How to get job in marchant navy after completing B.Tech in civil engineering?

I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering student and interested to join Merchant Navy. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering? What are the next steps should I follow to join?

21st June 2017, 02:05 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: How to get job in marchant navy after completing B.Tech in civil engineering?

As you have completed your B.Tech in Civil Engineering, I am sorry to say that there is no such provision for a civil engineer to get into Merchant Navy on the basis of their course.

You can get admission in Deck Cadet course and study properly in order to become a Deck Cadet and then later on with experience and clearing examination, you can move upto higher posts.
21st June 2017, 10:49 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in marchant navy after completing B.Tech in civil engineering?

Only 12th is the qualification to join the Merchant Navy.

And also only the unmarried female and male candidates are eligible.

The age limit is 16 to 25 years.

Candidates should be physically and mentally, fit for sea - services under standard forms.

In the medical exam the candidates eyesight is 6/6 without glasses.

There are various courses to join after 10th or 12th in both private and government sector.

List of the courses:-

Pre - Sea Training

Deck Cadet

B. E Marine Engineering

B.S in Nautical Technology

B. Tech Marine Engineering etc.

The candidates will be selected by the joint entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology.

After that the examination is following by the personal interview and counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?