7th February 2014, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

How to join company secretary intermediate course being practicing Lawyer?

How to join company secretary intermediate course? subjects for a law graduate in company secretary intermediate course? I am also working in a firm of law

18th February 2014, 06:38 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join company secretary intermediate course being practicing Lawyer?

Company Secretary has a total of Three various courses.This course be done soon after the completion of 10+2 pass or equivalent educational qualification as a minimum eligibility.There are actually three stages to study this Company Secretary course.They are such as,Foundation Programme,Executive Programme and Professional Programme.The three stages has to be studied by a 12th qualified candidates.

But those who complete the Graduation they can directly go for the Executive programme as well as Professional programme.This Second Stage Executive Programme is also called as Intermediate course.So the duration of this course is Ten(10) months.This is course Intermediate course is provided by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India(I.C.S.I).The age of a candidate must not be below 17 years of age.

As you are now working in Law firm,I am giving you the List of subjects to be covered in the Intermediate course.In this course again there are two groups.The candidates register in month of February for this course are eligible for December Examination,Similarly those who register in the month of August they will be appearing in the next June month.

The topics covered for Group 1 are, Tax laws,Company Accounts and cost & management Accounting,Management information systems and corporate communication as well as General Laws and commercial laws.Similarly for Group 2 candidate,the topics of study are Securities laws and regulation of Financial markets,Economic,Labour and Industrial laws,Company law(ICL) as well as Company secretarial Practice(ICSP) and more.Those who complete this Intermediate course can then go for the final course called professional Programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?