29th May 2016, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

How and where should I apply for a job having 50% in 10th but good knowledge of Java Programming?

I have below 50% in 10th, but after onward above 60% in all. I am pursuing MCA final year, and I want to get job in IT. But every company require more than 60%. I have good java programming knowledge, so how and where to apply to get job?

Related Questions:
  1. Skills needed for a good job in Software development after B.E (Computer science) with basic knowledge of C, C++, Java, HTML and C#?
  2. Am i eligible to get a job in good IT company with 54% in 10th, 65% in 12th, 74% in BCA and 75% in MCA?
  3. Are mechanical students eligible for software field?
  4. JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. For which companies am I eligible after scoring 82% in 10th, 68% in 12th and 65%-70% in B.Tech IT? Can a better English and a good programming knowledge help me to get a good job?
  6. What should I do to have a bright future in computer field? Should I do BSc, MCA, B.Tech, Networking?
  7. IETE DIPIETE-CS (New Scheme) Java and Web Programming Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  8. If I do ethical hacking course along with CCNA and CCNP course then will it be considered while getting a job? Does ethical hacking requires in depth programming knowledge?
  9. Which language should I pursue for summer training? I am a B.E CSE 3rd year students
  10. How to prepare for computer for class 12th board?
  11. Sathyabama University-B.Tech in IT-5th Sem Programming in Java Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  12. How an EE engineer having good knowledge in programming can get job in Wipro?
  13. How I can make my career secure? I'm in B.E(computer science) 3rd year
  14. Do I have to be good in programming if I want to do MCA after BCA?
  15. Job in a reputed company after B.E (CSE) and 8 years of gap between 10th and 12th standard, age30 with knowledge of JAVA, C#, C++, UNIX, PHP, ORACLE?
  16. What should I do further after completing BCA?
  17. Do candidates of Mechanical stream eligible for Software Jobs?
  18. After completing MCA from SMU will I get a job as a fresher in top company? Can I get a job after having basic knowledge in various programming languages?
31st May 2016, 11:34 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How and where should I apply for a job having 50% in 10th but good knowledge of Java Programming?

Yes, you are correct that most of the companies have set the eligibility criteria as 60% in the entire career to be eligible for jobs in them as a fresher. However, there are companies which do not have such eligibility criteria like Mphasis, Syntel, etc. Various startup and small scale companies also do not have the eligibility criteria as 60% in the entire career to be eligible for jobs in them as a fresher. Hence, you should try for such companies and begin your career. Once you are experienced, you can switch to better companies wherein the percentage criteria will not be taken into account and only the experience and your knowledge will be taken into account. You can also opt for a job opportunity in government sector especially PSUs wherein the employment opportunity is given on the basis of entrance exam followed by interview.
31st May 2016, 04:17 PM
january2016

Default Re: How and where should I apply for a job having 50% in 10th but good knowledge of Java Programming?

We are sorry to inform you that according to the company norms, you did not qualify the minimum eligibility requirement for the recruitment process for most of the company.

As the eligibility criteria is 60 percentage that you have to get in your class 10, class 12 as well as your engineering degree, then only you will become eligible for the campus drive.

But, i can see that you don't have 60% in your 10th so you re not eligible. java programming is secondary thing, primary thing is your 60% in all the academic career.
31st May 2016, 11:40 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

There is vast employment area for MCA candidates. If you have minimum 55% marks in your master degree from any well affiliated institute/university then you can apply for any vacancy pertaining to your education. You can apply in banking sectors, Software Development Companies, Security and Surveillance Companies or in teaching sector as per your personal interest.
You simply have to wait for any vacancy in your sector. Whenever there is any vacancy, you simply have to apply for that vacancy. After that you have to appear in the entrance exam, GD, technical and personal interview. After clearing all the above stages you will get a job.
31st May 2016, 11:46 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, what you have said is right. Most of the companies asks for 60% or 70% aggregate to interview the candidate for offering the job.

You can apply for a job in the company only if mentions that no percentage cutoff is required to apply for job.

Once, you get an opportunity, you need to prove what you are, how you can work, etc.,. to get a job.

As you are saying that you have good knowledge of Java Programming, I suggest you to highlight it in your resume, so, that the Interviewer asks more questions on Java Programming and you can impress the interviewer with your subjects. But, you need to manage other rounds such as Aptitude, GD, JAM, HR, etc.,. to get placed in any of the IT company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?