1st February 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

If I change my job from IT to mechanical, will I be treated as fresher?

After finishing mechanical engineering, if I work for 2 years in IT company. After coming out of that company, if I applied for mechanical core company, will I be treated as fresher Or that experience is considered? Please clear my doubt.

2nd February 2017, 05:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: If I change my job from IT to mechanical, will I be treated as fresher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After finishing mechanical engineering, if I work for 2 years in IT company. After coming out of that company, if I applied for mechanical core company, will I be treated as fresher Or that experience is considered? Please clear my doubt.

Yes, your experience in IT sector will not consider in mechanical field. So you will be considered as a fresher in mechanical field. The salary will be less for the fresher. So think twice before change your career to another field. Your experience in the IT field will be considered, only when you continue your job in the same line. The salary will be based on the experience; you can change the company and not the field. If you change from one company to another, you will get higher salary. It is always advisable to continue in the same field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?