9th September 2016, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get a job in TCS while doing 2nd year engineering?

I am an engineering student currently studying in 2nd year in academy of technology in west bengal. i secured 79%marks in secondary and 60%marks in higher secondary exam.but the problem is i dropped for two years in academic career.would i be able to seat fot the in-campus interview or off campus interview in tcs?please help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for job at TCS being a diploma in chemical engineering student? -- [New]
  2. How will i get job in TCS? I am appearing for final year of electronics and communication engineering
  3. Job in TCS for a candidate who has secured 49.8% in B.Sc?
  4. Information about TCS registration, terms and conditions for 2nd year students and registration fees?
  5. How will I get a job in TCS company? I have completed my BSc CS and have appeared in MSc 2nd year last Sem
  6. Job in TCS, Wipro, Accenture and Infosys for a candidate who has secured 60% in 10th, 62% in 12th and pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech(CSE)?
  7. What are the jobs for civil engineers in TCS company?
  8. Detailed information about TCS On-Campus Interview for B.Tech(Information Technology) 2nd year candidate?
  9. How to get prepare for TCS campus placement while am doing B.Tech 2nd year?
  10. Job in TCS after B.E third year in CSE department?
  11. TCS or Accenture: Better option after Engineering (Instrumentation Technology)?
  12. If I score less than 60% in final year will I be deprived of a job in TCS?
  13. Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to sit for TCS if I have 3 backlogs in my first year?
  15. How to get a job in TCS? Last 10 years question papers with solutions?
  16. Chances to get job in TCS being a B.Tech Electrical student?
  17. Minimum cutoff marks for IT engineers to get a job in TCS and CTS kolkata -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How should I get a job in company like WIPRO, HCL, Infosys, TCS? I have passed 12th science in 2nd attempt with 65% marks
9th September 2016, 11:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a job in TCS while doing 2nd year engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am an engineering student currently studying in 2nd year in academy of technology in west bengal. i secured 79%marks in secondary and 60%marks in higher secondary exam.but the problem is i dropped for two years in academic career.would i be able to seat fot the in-campus interview or off campus interview in tcs?please help me out.
No, 2nd year student are not eligible for TCS recruitment. But 3rd years candidates can apply for on-campus recruitment.

Eligibility criteria of TCS recruitment:-

1)Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS is 60%
2)You should not have any pending backlogs.
3)Candidates having more than two year gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS recruitment.
19th September 2016, 01:12 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a job in TCS while doing 2nd year engineering?

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for TCS when you are in your 2nd year of your engineering degree. In this case, you will have to wait for few more months and as soon as you are in your 3rd year, you can apply for TCS during on campus recruitment.

TCS Eligibility criteria :

> You should have at least 60% marks in your academic career.
> You should not have any active backlog while appearing for the company.
> TCS don't allow study gap of more than 2 years.
20th September 2016, 12:08 PM
Madison.

No, You are not eligible for TCS in the 2nd year of engineering.

TCS stands for Tata Consultancy Service and they do not recruit 2nd year student of engineering. You need to have a graduate degree to get into TCS or atleast in the final year.

You can apply for TCS in your final year. TCS recruits both on and off campus.

Eligibility Criteria:-

=>Should have scored 60% in average though out the academic background from a recognized university.

=>The candidate should not have a study gap of more than 2 years.

=>There should not be any pending backlog.

For more information you can check the website:-www.careers.tcs.com
20th September 2016, 12:32 PM
BARUNK8

Smile Re: Is it possible for me to get a job in TCS while doing 2nd year engineering?

No, there is no chance to get a job in TCS while doing 2nd year of enggineering. You will have to complete your engineering degree then you can apply for TCS job .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?