8th September 2016, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a job in customs if I am doing engineering?

I'm studying engineering could I get job as software engineer in customs for that what should ido? What should be the steps which I need to follow to apply for the job in customs? Can you please provide me the information on the same soon?

Thank you!

20th September 2016, 03:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in customs if I am doing engineering?

Eligibility criteria required to get job in Customs Department:

There are many such posts available in a big national level entrance examination which is Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Some of the posts are,

>> Custom House Inspector
>> Divisional Accountant
>> Income Tax Inspector
>> Sub Inspector in CBI
>> Central Excise Inspector
>> Assistant Officer in Railways

The minimum qualification required to get job in Customs department through SSC is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. There is no percentage criteria required in Graduation. Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to appear in CGL Examination. If you are pursuing 4th year, then you are eligible on the other side if you are still pursuing 3rd year or earlier than that then you are not eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?